Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 10:35 PM

Fun With My Home PC.

I couldn't get the net, PC went off line, it does that some times, so I rebooted it & tried again, only to find everything had gone, no Google, no top bar, nothing just a message when I trouble shot to say it couldn't help me. Fiddled around a bit more, cursing & getting really mad & finally got Google back. Went to tell OH & he said "Oh! Son had turned off the modem to do something". I was fuming, if they'd told me I'd have turned off my PC so they could do what they wanted. I was not a happy bunny! All that hassle for nowt.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 10:40 PM

Re: Fun With My Home PC.

Grrrrrrrrrr !!!!!! Men !!!!!!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 11:50 PM

Exactly!!!!!!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 07:58 AM

Oh dear, cant help having a black laugh though.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

13-04-2016, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Oh dear, cant help having a black laugh though.
Thought you or someone might.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 11:06 AM

I just don't get how you didn't know that your internet connection had gone down....there is a little icon that is always there when you are connected and disappears when you are not !
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I just don't get how you didn't know that your internet connection had gone down....there is a little icon that is always there when you are connected and disappears when you are not !
Exact same thought went through my mind too. If your internet appears to stop working the first thing you do is look at the connection icon , not do a re-boot ! That's a bit like driving along the road, putting your washwipers on and discovering that there's no water spraying onto the screen and so stopping the car, turning it off and back on again to see if that will fix it ! :-~
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

13-04-2016, 11:15 AM

It didn't show off line, Malcolm. It just froze while I was doing something & then no Google.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

13-04-2016, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Exact same thought went through my mind too. If your internet appears to stop working the first thing you do is look at the connection icon! Not a re-boot !
It has done this before & a reboot usually works. I didn't know the modem was off.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 11:20 AM

Freezing is likely with any software if you suddenly remove its connection.

Are you familiar with Task Manager?

Imo you should always have Task Manager running and minimised at the bottom of your screen. Then when such crashes occur you can simply bring it up, find your Google session in the Applications tab and kill it off. No need for a reboot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top