Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 06:41 PM

Anyone got an iphone 5?

Just treated myself to an iphone5 and am trying to put in my contacts ......... having failed to backup my previous (useless) phone!
Can anyone tell me if their iphone 5 allows contacts to be put in in landscape mode? I've yet to get used to the keyboard and would prefer landscape.........
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 06:59 PM

Re: Anyone got an iphone 5?

Landscape or portrait, either is fine.

1. Open Contacts.
2. Click on the + in the right hand corner to add new contact.
3. Fill in the appropriate details.
4. Tap Done in right hand corner when finished and contact will be saved.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 07:02 PM

Thanks very much, but what I'd like to know is how I can make the phone go into landscape mode so I can use a wider keyboard?
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 07:41 PM

Just turn the phone onto it's side and it's aspect will change. If it's not rotating then you will need to unlock the orientation lock.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204547
graculus
Yorkshire

13-04-2016, 07:44 PM

This an iPhone 4 but it's exactly the same on a 5.

Lindyloo
isle of wight

13-04-2016, 09:04 PM

Thanks for that. I did find that unlock button on settings when I googled the problem. That didn't make it go to landscape, so I assume putting in contacts only works in profile!

I've just downloaded whatsap as I had that on my android phone and what a huge problem I've had! I've had to set up an apple account, give my full name, title (how come they don't have "Lady"), my address.........for town I've put SHANTY!!! ......and even my phone number and date of birth. Seems there's nothing they don't want to know about you!!! Getting back to whatsap, for some reason they want me to load up facebook and apparently by doing that, my phone number will appear on my facebook page! What an invasion of privacy..............am beginning to regret buying it!
graculus
Yorkshire

13-04-2016, 09:29 PM

Contacts works in both portrait and landscape on my iPhone and it should on yours as well. Your info is safe in an apple account but I wouldn't give Facebook anything, even register an account. But that's just me. You could always make up all the details when setting up an account, it really doesn't matter if you do with things like Facebook. You can get another e-mail address and then have mail forwarded to your usual e-mail address.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

13-04-2016, 09:57 PM

Try as I might - and I really have tried - I cannot get my phone to go to landscape when putting in my contacts.
Thanks anyway for your help. I'll probably have lots more questions when I come out of my semi-comatose techno-zombie state! So hoping for your help sometime in the future............
graculus
Yorkshire

13-04-2016, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Try as I might - and I really have tried - I cannot get my phone to go to landscape when putting in my contacts.
Thanks anyway for your help. I'll probably have lots more questions when I come out of my semi-comatose techno-zombie state! So hoping for your help sometime in the future............
I do IT help sessions at the local library every Friday.. Unfortunately it's not on the IOW.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Seems there's nothing they don't want to know about you!!! Getting back to whatsap, for some reason they want me to load up facebook and apparently by doing that, my phone number will appear on my facebook page! What an invasion of privacy..............am beginning to regret buying it!
All tracking my dear. Shameful and exploitative but these mega-corps can do as they please. If you are a FB user then just about every website you visit (that is not FB itself) is being logged and recorded. Every site that has the little FB widget icons for "Like" and so on. They are tracking and logging your every move.

Personally I don't give FB the time of day. It is wholly invasive and unnecessary and the entire system is little more than a home security control mechanism to map what everyone is saying and doing for future reference.

I have FB sites blocked in my browser. I have the IP Addresses of their servers logged in my firewall so that no data can come in or go out to/from them.

This protects me when my browser "Back" button is hi-jacked by the FB widget which happens on about 80% of websites I estimate. Big Brother is VERY active and imo people would do well to steer clear. Talk to each other via email.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top