Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 06:24 PM

Re: Anyone got an iphone 5?

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Try as I might - and I really have tried - I cannot get my phone to go to landscape when putting in my contacts.
Thanks anyway for your help. I'll probably have lots more questions when I come out of my semi-comatose techno-zombie state! So hoping for your help sometime in the future............
Both my 5s won't go into landscape in contacts, yours is no different.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 08:40 PM

Really odd. Never heard of this before and searching around the discussion forums it doesn't seem to be a problem that anyone else is having.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
All tracking my dear. Shameful and exploitative but these mega-corps can do as they please. If you are a FB user then just about every website you visit (that is not FB itself) is being logged and recorded. Every site that has the little FB widget icons for "Like" and so on. They are tracking and logging your every move.

Personally I don't give FB the time of day. It is wholly invasive and unnecessary and the entire system is little more than a home security control mechanism to map what everyone is saying and doing for future reference.
There seems to be a huge effort to grab as much information as possible from as many people as possible. My big hobby is genealogy but I refuse to put that on a subscription website because I don't see an easy delete button! As for the book of Face.........I starting using that because I joined a group which gives updates on FB and now I'm a regular user. I really enjoy it on a purely social basis, the occasional (polite) spar on politics, EU stuff in particular and because I've started my own FB group which is restricted to a very few local friends. Much, much easier to arrange social events - beats using the phone to each individual and I've learned to tie-up the security so it is impregnable. So a frequently used social media site for me!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top