Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 01:35 PM

Re: Home alone or retirement village Joys!

What if one were a Misanthrope?.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What if one were a Misanthrope?.
I think at least one is.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I would hate to depend on two dogs for my welfare.
I don't I depend on myself. I would never want to be in the position of being dependant on anyone else anyway. My dogs are my life and much nicer than a lot of people. I am only concerned for when I get old.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
I don't I depend on myself. I would never want to be in the position of being dependant on anyone else anyway. My dogs are my life and much nicer than a lot of people. I am only concerned for when I get old.
Yes I would be too. Not nice being old and lonely.
No one wants to be in a position of depending on others but sometimes it's inevitable.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Yes I would be too. Not nice being old and lonely.
No one wants to be in a position of depending on others but sometimes it's inevitable.
Some women though always need a man to lean on and couldn't live on their own whereas I am quite happy as long as I keep my health.
mesco m
manchester

14-03-2013, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Some women though always need a man to lean on and couldn't live on their own whereas I am quite happy as long as I keep my health.
you are a card dear.
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

14-03-2013, 05:49 PM

hermits went out of fashion years ago
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 06:01 PM

Yea but 'Hermans' still around....
mesco m
manchester

14-03-2013, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Yea but 'Hermans' still around....
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I live alone in a one-bed-room flat on the edge of the centre of town (the shops, Gp Surgery and chemist are about 10-15 minutes walk away down the bottom of the hill) I have the choice of four supermarkets and in addition, can (and do) order my groceries on-line and have them delivered to me.

Following a Hip-revision operation 15 months ago I felt very vunerable, since if I fell or needed assistance, no-one would know or hear me. As a consequence I now have a care-link connected to my 'phone and wear an emergency button on my wrist.

Whilst my health lasts, I would be loathe to leave here, but if my health does deteriorate, then I suppose I shall have to be resigned to living in 'sheltered accomodation' of some description.
Are you on the main floor Geoff, or do you have stairs to manage? The care-link sounds like our Lifeline system, a great idea and popular here.

For now I live with my daughter and son-in-law in a bedroom on the second floor. I can still do stairs slowly, with a good grip on the handrail. I started the "what if I wind up in a wheelchair" conversation a few days ago and Sarah looked quite startled, then replied "Well that would be a problem..." as the doorways are narrow and there's no way to fix up a bedroom on the main floor. So... the plan is to stay on my feet as long as I can. There's motivation for me, eh?

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top