Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 05:06 PM

Re: Papal Conclave

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
My point is that if there was an all seeing all caring God then he wouldn't have let these things happen which are due to human acts and/or break down of health. Its proof to me there is no God as he could obviously have prevented/cured all of those things I mentioned. So my question to you is if there is a God why hasn't he sorted it all out.
You are the one insisting there is no God. Now you explain why you think these things happen.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
My point is that if there was an all seeing all caring God then he wouldn't have let these things happen which are due to human acts and/or break down of health. Its proof to me there is no God as he could obviously have prevented/cured all of those things I mentioned. So my question to you is if there is a God why hasn't he sorted it all out.
I don't think any believer would claim to know why God does or doesn't do things, we are not privy to the thoughts of God !
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't think any believer would claim to know why God does or doesn't do things, we are not privy to the thoughts of God !
Not much of a god then is he. But then he doesn't exist so thats no surprise.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 05:11 PM

I don't understand what you are saying, why would anyone be privy to anothers thoughts - you think I believe in a fairy tale well thinking you know or should know someone else's thoughts is pretty far fetched in my opinion.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't understand what you are saying, why would anyone be privy to anothers thoughts - you think I believe in a fairy tale well thinking you know or should know someone else's thoughts is pretty far fetched in my opinion.
I'm saying that if he was all caring he would have stopped evil and sorted wars etc Yet more proof to me there is no God
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

14-03-2013, 05:17 PM

OK if we have to go there, we all have free will, God gave us choices. It is up to us to pick our course carefully as we will one day have to answer for them. Most religions agree with that I think, which leads me to believe we are all worshipping the same God just in different ways.

Even Atheists will go to heaven if they have made the right choices and led a good life.

We are fallable and often do wrong and have to hope for forgiveness at the end.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 05:24 PM

Even Atheists will go to heaven if they have made the right choices and led a good life.

And if I choose to go to the 'other place'??? - its bloody sight warmer there anyway.
The Dog Lover
Watford

14-03-2013, 05:27 PM

There is no heaven to go to. When you are dead you are dead. Your body has given up and that is that. A physical situation like the one that gave you birth. Nothing to do with God.

God didn't give us choices we were born with a brain and that is what empowers humans to do what they do. I am saying that when humans get it wrong if there was any kind of God he would act but as that doesn't happen I say there isn't one.

Sorry not convinced in any way shape or form.

There has even been stuff on the TV lately about an Atheist church. Now why on earth would we want a church to pray to nothing. Sure beats me.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

14-03-2013, 05:30 PM

True you don't take your body with you, so yes that is finished with. If you are looking for a place like earth with earthly things I think you will be surprised by the spirituality of the place.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

14-03-2013, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->

And if I choose to go to the 'other place'??? - its bloody sight warmer there anyway.
I'm not sure you get a choice but if you do I hope it's as nice as you think it will be, although I don't actually believe in hell.

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top