Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 06:55 PM

Re: Perry Como

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
Billy J. Kramer ... YES!

Frank Sinatra .... NO!

My Mother liked 'Her Frankie' so that doomed him as far as I was concerned.

AO and Tiffany...What about the Dave Clark Five. Glad all over was great for stamping on the dance floor
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
My Mother liked 'Her Frankie' so that doomed him as far as I was concerned ...

That goes without saying. Prolly why I never liked him either.

What about the Dave Clark Five. Glad all over was great for stamping on the dance floor
DC5 were too much noise, not enough rhythm for me. I was more of a Chad & Jeremy .... Peter & Gordon sort of fellow.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 07:12 PM

My Mother liked 'Her Frankie' so that doomed him as far as I was concerned.

AO and Tiffany...What about the Dave Clark Five. Glad all over was great for stamping on the dance floor
I liked most of the 50's/60's & 70's music.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I liked most of the 50's/60's & 70's music.

I went for the drum beats and guitar riffs. Cliff and Elvis left me stone cold . I know ..unbelievable
solo
UK

07-03-2016, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
That goes without saying. Prolly why I never liked him either.

DC5 were too much noise, not enough rhythm for me. I was more of a Chad & Jeremy .... Peter & Gordon sort of fellow.
Chad and Jeremy...now that is a blast from the past. So lovely and I'm all overcome

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 07:44 PM

I went for the drum beats and guitar riffs. Cliff and Elvis left me stone cold . I know ..unbelievable

Cliff ! Gives me the heebie jeebies
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 08:02 PM

Chad and Jeremy...now that is a blast from the past. So lovely and I'm all overcome
Oh good! you liked them too! I was a romantic sort. Still am. I'm guessing you figured that out already.

solo
UK

07-03-2016, 08:32 PM

In my teens I already had plans to travel so managed to stay footloose and fancy free. The only one who stole my heart at that time was John Leyton and I still get all overcome when I hear Johnny remember me.

Words to songs were so simple and memorable then. Non of having to explain every word and meaning as they do today cos we all knew and understood what they meant.

My theme tune should have been Sealed with a kiss.

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 08:49 PM

I loved that song when it was current.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

08-03-2016, 05:40 AM

....... My theme tune should have been Sealed with a kiss.
Oh yes! There was a time ...... Brian Hyland, Neil Sedaka, Gene Pitney, Bobby Vee, Bobby Darin, Paul Anka, Johhny Tillotson, Cliff Richard, Sam Cooke, Bobby Vinton, Pat Boone, Ricky Nelson, Everly Brothers ... caused a young lad like me to become exceedingly romantic. I was very popular with the girls back then!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top