Join for free
Page 54 of 164 « First < 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 02:39 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Just got my letter as we were eating lunch. Checked out the local vac centre through Swiftqueue and booked one for 1410 today, no shortage of appointments at the moment by the looks of it.
I hope all goes well with your vaccination too Barry.

Every jab will hopefully get us through this pandemic 🤞🏻
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I hope all goes well with your vaccination too Barry.

Every jab will hopefully get us through this pandemic 🤞🏻
Thanks Mags all went well, in and out in ten minutes and didn't feel a thing, but then again as someone said, "where there's no sense"...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 05:51 PM

Thanks Mags all went well, in and out in ten minutes and didn't feel a thing, but then again as someone said, "where there's no sense"...
Sounds like another well organised centre, Barry 👍
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 09:07 PM

Ten minutes. Pretty much the same for me.

However, Marge tells me that most of her friends were asked to wait for fifteen minutes after the injection in case of a reaction.

Thankfully, you and I have had no such reaction, but I wonder why some places take this additional precaution and others do not.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

However, Marge tells me that most of her friends were asked to wait for fifteen minutes after the injection in case of a reaction.

Thankfully, you and I have had no such reaction, but I wonder why some places take this additional precaution and others do not.
Both my husband and I were required to sit for 15 minutes in a heated marquee at the surgery before being allowed to go home. His was in December and mine was at the beginning of February. I wonder whether it is the 'pop-up' vaccination centres that don't follow the 15 minutes because they don't have the room? When my husband had his jab we were told that the 15 minutes wait was a government directive.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
Both my husband and I were required to sit for 15 minutes in a heated marquee at the surgery before being allowed to go home. His was in December and mine was at the beginning of February. I wonder whether it is the 'pop-up' vaccination centres that don't follow the 15 minutes because they don't have the room? When my husband had his jab we were told that the 15 minutes wait was a government directive.
If a mug of tea and piece of wedding cake comes with that fifteen minute wait in a heated marquee Margaret, I might reconsider having the vaccine after all....
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If a mug of tea and piece of wedding cake comes with that fifteen minute wait in a heated marquee Margaret, I might reconsider having the vaccine after all....
Sadly it doesn't OGF - I was hoping for something like that when we entered the marquee because they have chandeliers which made it look party-like but just biscuits and glucose drinks on offer and you have to feel faint to get one of those!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
Sadly it doesn't OGF - I was hoping for something like that when we entered the marquee because they have chandeliers which made it look party-like but just biscuits and glucose drinks on offer and you have to feel faint to get one of those!
Ha Ha! I can do 'Faint' Margaret....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Seems to be only if you're driving that you have to sit for fifteen minutes so Rosemary went with me to drive home, same as I went with her last week to do the driving.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 02:25 PM

My sister received the Astrazenica jab from our local vaccination last Saturday morning and did not need to wait. My husband, on the other hand, received his this morning at the same centre. He was given the Pfizer jab and was required to wait for 15 mins.

Page 54 of 164 « First < 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top