Join for free
Page 8 of 28 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 02:27 PM

Re: Gina Miller Poking her Nose in again !!

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's not what a democracy means. Certain things we can all know many we should never know.
So democracy means "do as I say" not "as I do"?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 03:55 PM

We elect people to negotiate for us, they have to know an do things we don't know about. If everything was transparent you would put lives in danger.
Put lives in danger as a result of Brexit negotiations. Please explain how?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I don't think the press can use the FOI when discussions and talks are being held behind closed doors and without any results or conclusions.
The press ! [many of the tabloids are committed to disrupting the natural process and inflaming negative public opinion by 'suggestive' reporting and their own prophecies .
(Oh dear, as we all know, prophecies are a load of nonsense. No such thing as 'prophets' )
Sorry to go back to this, but I take it this is only happening now and before the vote itself there was no disruption of public opinion?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Put lives in danger as a result of Brexit negotiations. Please explain how?
More generally I thought we'd moved into, transparency in government was what we had begun talking about.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Sorry to go back to this, but I take it this is only happening now and before the vote itself there was no disruption of public opinion?
It was very noticeable in the months preceding the referendum that the newspapers were full of pictures and articles supposedly showing how many would be immigrants were creating havoc all over Europe. After the result that Tabloid man wanted it was noticeable how that was played down and has been ever since.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

16-02-2018, 08:53 PM

More generally I thought we'd moved into, transparency in government was what we had begun talking about.
I was talking about being transparent about Brexit rather than let the press go to town but say nothing official.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

16-02-2018, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
It was very noticeable in the months preceding the referendum that the newspapers were full of pictures and articles supposedly showing how many would be immigrants were creating havoc all over Europe. After the result that Tabloid man wanted it was noticeable how that was played down and has been ever since.
That and the reports about the £350m bus. But obviously that didn't sway public opinion....
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Did you really just dismiss the British Working Class as Tabloid Man',?

FFS .....Shame on You!

No wonder Labour has lost it's core vote!
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 10:48 PM

Being disappointed in an election result started early for me I was too young for first referendum and I've live as a labour supporter in a concervative area all my life. So I'm used to losing, I was amazed and thrilled to win this time, I'm disappointed remainers can't let me have that win, have to try and prove they should have won and stamp their feet at every turn.

It was 40 years between referendums to be fair it should be 40 before we have another on this subject.

There's a big problem if even with a whisper of a majority people can't accept it and move on I'm tempted to copy that stance and go mad next general election. Watch this space
If it makes you feel any better, you're welcome consider my vote in the first referendum as yours. I voted not to join because I was young and stupid, luckily I grew out of it, but I'm deeply ashamed of it now.

After a general election, if the vote goes against you, you get a chance to put that right at the next election and to continue to campaign against them. And if the government screws up completely or is obviously leading the country to ruin, as the Brexiteers are, there's an opportunity for a vote of no confidence. Why should Brexit be any different?

Why on earth would anyone let you "have that win" when what you've won is poverty, austerity and reduced prospects for us, our country and our children?
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 10:50 PM

we don't swear but we do use other odd words instead and Gina Miller has been heard during the redecorating of our lounge.several times
Brexshit and Fuxit in ours.

Page 8 of 28 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top