Join for free
Page 106 of 276 « First < 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 206 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 07:09 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
That was the only time in my life when I could have been described as mad. I had to be sectioned as I kept trying to run away. It took them ages to diagnose the delirium

Nightmares, paranoia, delusions etc. I thought that outside was Russia and that they were going to shoot me. I still don't remember all the details but it went on for around 6 weeks in total and I lost more than 2 Stone. A psychiatrist explained to me later that the delirium was definitely caused by the cancer.
That is terrifying memories for you. But, this time you really are so positive. Don't forget to take some movies with you, for your stay. You could start a thread asking for recommendations, as I don't know your taste in films.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 09:24 PM

Oh, I'll find something on Netflix for sure. I quite like international movies, French, Spanish, Australian etc.

Part of the problem for me for ages was that I could only concentrate on anything for 15 minutes but that has passed. I've also got a couple of books I need to finish and will have the time in hospital to do this. One audiobook which I listened to the first 3 chapters about a week ago has been completely forgotten so I'll have to start again but I'll do it because it's part of a series I'm keen on.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 09:36 PM

Hi folks. Sorry I’ve not been around much these last few days, I’ve actually not been feeling very well at a time when I should be feeling my best ready for my next chemo on Wednesday. I don’t know what is wrong but I’m so tired all the time and now I’m having trouble sleeping. I try not to go to bed before 10 pm but after an hour or two I’m awake again. I’m going to take a couple of paracetamols before bed tonight to see if that helps.

Ffosse, it’s lovely to hear you sounding so much more positive and great that you are coming to the end of your treatment.

Sweetie, has your son heard anything yet, hope he is doing ok.

Take care both of you. xx
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Hi folks. Sorry I’ve not been around much these last few days, I’ve actually not been feeling very well at a time when I should be feeling my best ready for my next chemo on Wednesday. I don’t know what is wrong but I’m so tired all the time and now I’m having trouble sleeping. I try not to go to bed before 10 pm but after an hour or two I’m awake again. I’m going to take a couple of paracetamols before bed tonight to see if that helps.

Ffosse, it’s lovely to hear you sounding so much more positive and great that you are coming to the end of your treatment.

So sad that you're not feeling well, Val J - it sounds like the chemo might be having a cumulative effect. I've had periods where I've felt dreadful and not known why then a few days later I'm ok again. I do hope you feel better soon. You shouldn't be afraid to tell your GP and the nurses at the hospital just what's been going on and how you are feeling.

Take care.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 09:47 PM

Sorry to read you haven't been feeling too well, Val ... I hope things start to improve for you soon.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 09:53 PM

Ffosse, it's good to hear you're feeling more positive and I hope all goes well for you when you go into hospital on Thursday.

We are all supporting both you and Val here and sending best wishes to you both.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

19-06-2018, 09:41 AM

Thanks, Mags.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 05:39 PM

Val my boy is fine now, he was given some anti-inflammatory drugs, they seem to have sorted the problem out. The CT scan came back normal thank goodness.
Now the other twin has a problem with his leg swelling!
I think he hit a varicose vein, so does his GP. We will keep an eye on him.
You will remain in my thoughts and prayers as always.
Good luck for tomorrow my lovely.

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Oh, I'll find something on Netflix for sure. I quite like international movies, French, Spanish, Australian etc.

Part of the problem for me for ages was that I could only concentrate on anything for 15 minutes but that has passed. I've also got a couple of books I need to finish and will have the time in hospital to do this. One audiobook which I listened to the first 3 chapters about a week ago has been completely forgotten so I'll have to start again but I'll do it because it's part of a series I'm keen on.
Just as long as you have a distraction Dreamy.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 05:54 PM

Sweetie, I’m so pleased to hear the CT scan came back clear and that your son is well now. Hope your other son recovers quickly too. Thank you for your kind thoughts too. I’m feeling a lot better today, early start tomorrow but it will soon be over!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

19-06-2018, 06:13 PM

Sweetie, I’m so pleased to hear the CT scan came back clear and that your son is well now. Hope your other son recovers quickly too. Thank you for your kind thoughts too. I’m feeling a lot better today, early start tomorrow but it will soon be over!
Thank-you Val. I am really glad you are feeling better today.
Chemo, when you are feeling rough, makes it worse.

Page 106 of 276 « First < 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 206 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top