Join for free
Page 58 of 276 « First < 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 05:46 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

I awoke at 1:30 and, after a cup of coffee, could easily have gone back to bed for another 8 hours.

Not so tired now, though, at 5:45 - I'm going to stay up 'til 9 or so.

Still haven't set up ordering food online from Tesco - something is putting me off.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 07:23 PM

You do have to pay Tesco.
Iceland is free.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 08:02 PM

What's annoying me is that with Tesco you have to pay £4 unless you buy £40 worth of groceries...I would normally buy only £20 at a time.

Then there is the paying for delivery, unless you purchase an ongoing delivery saver. You're still paying but it only works out well if you get a lot of deliveries.

#SIGHS# I live only half a mile from Tesco and it used to be such an easy shopping trip to walk there and back.

Tomorrow I visit the nurse at my GP's practice. That's half-way to the Co-op so I'll just go there even though it's a small shop with limited goods and quite expensive. I really need apples and grapes, and something with which to make a meal or two.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 08:10 PM

I have a thought Dreamy.
I used work for a volunteer group.
I used to shop for poorly people.
Check out your local volunteer bureaux.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

08-04-2018, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I have a thought Dreamy.
I used work for a volunteer group.
I used to shop for poorly people.
Check out your local volunteer bureaux.
Thanks - that's a good idea. There's a mental health resource I used to go to and they would know; it's only a short walk away so perhaps I could get there tomorrow after seeing the nurse.

I feel such an invalid.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

08-04-2018, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Thanks - that's a good idea. There's a mental health resource I used to go to and they would know; it's only a short walk away so perhaps I could get there tomorrow after seeing the nurse.

I feel such an invalid.
But you just need a little help.
Goodnight my friend.
I will post tomorrow. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

09-04-2018, 01:05 PM

I saw my GP as well as the nurse today. My neck is feeling and looking fine.

My GP says that it's probably as a result of the infections I had that I am so tired all the time and so fatigued that I can barely walk to the shops. She said that from her notes I had more than one infection going on and, like the flu, will need time, possibly weeks to recover from this.

She also explained a bit more about the type of cancer I have and how I was simply unlucky to get it having had Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 2016, but that they weren't related.

As well as chemo starting again on Wednesday, I have a lot of appointments coming up - another whole spine MRI, a CT scan, further appointments with the consultant etc.

This will mean many more taxi trips - I wouldn't even be able to walk uphill to the nearest bus stop without discomfort, so I don't mind the extra expenditure - my comfort comes first.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

09-04-2018, 04:45 PM

Thanks for the update Dreamy.
Sorry you are so drained.
Using a Taxi is wise option.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

09-04-2018, 05:49 PM

I'm feeling less tired today and I slept well last night, around midnight to 9 this morning. Also, today I got to the Co-op and bought things I needed like salad, fruit, bread and cheese.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

09-04-2018, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'm feeling less tired today and I slept well last night, around midnight to 9 this morning. Also, today I got to the Co-op and bought things I needed like salad, fruit, bread and cheese.
That is fantastic.
I'm glad you are having a better day today.

Page 58 of 276 « First < 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top