Join for free
Page 98 of 276 « First < 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 198 > Last »
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 01:56 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Ffosse, we pay to have jobs done around the house. We paid to have our TV and sound bar installed. We realise most jobs are too physically demanding, so we pay someone else to do those jobs for us. It's only money after all and we sometimes have to prioritise what needs doing first.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 07:00 PM

That's fair enough if you're getting on in years, but putting a TV together shouldn't be beyond me. Even once I'd got the right screws for it it was a trial, a kind of penance.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
That's fair enough if you're getting on in years, but putting a TV together shouldn't be beyond me. Even once I'd got the right screws for it it was a trial, a kind of penance.
My husband isn't getting on in years, he's in his early 60s but disabled. He can't do jobs he could have done easily a few years ago. Sometimes delivery and installation only costs an extra twenty pounds or so, definitely worth it.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
My husband isn't getting on in years, he's in his early 60s but disabled. He can't do jobs he could have done easily a few years ago. Sometimes delivery and installation only costs an extra twenty pounds or so, definitely worth it.
That makes sense. One of my biggest frustrations with my illness is not being able to do things like I used to.

Going anywhere involves a taxi - and, even though I was fortunate enough to be awarded PIP, I still resent the taxi fares.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 03:42 PM

How are you feeling today Dreamy?
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
I’ve only just persuaded my hubby that we need to get someone in to do the jobs that he always did, he’s early 70s. We got someone to do the gutters, conservatory roof, carport etc all jobs he would do when younger. Next to think about is outside painting!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

31-05-2018, 04:00 PM

OK - I just received my Tesco order and it looks like a tiny amount of food for £44 or thereabouts.

I've been online here since about 9 this morning and have done little else. Tomorrow I've got my nurse at 11 and they want some blood. Not quite sure why this time as I don't have chemo for another 13 days.

Right about now is when the pain kicks in, mostly my left neck, shoulder and back. I'm not taking any tablets until bedtime, though as today I'm having wine with my meal. I've just opened a Malbec - half today and half tomorrow before it goes off. I'm having it with sausages in onion gravy, baby potatoes, tenderstem broccoli and some carrots. All fairly easy to cook.

Just had a sip of my Malbec - nice and smooth. I know you like white wines - do you have a favourite?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

31-05-2018, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I’ve only just persuaded my hubby that we need to get someone in to do the jobs that he always did, he’s early 70s. We got someone to do the gutters, conservatory roof, carport etc all jobs he would do when younger. Next to think about is outside painting!
Just noticed your post - how are you doing Val J?
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 04:05 PM

That makes sense. One of my biggest frustrations with my illness is not being able to do things like I used to.

Going anywhere involves a taxi - and, even though I was fortunate enough to be awarded PIP, I still resent the taxi fares.
I feel the same Ffosse, but it’s worse for you because you are still young, I’ve realised that you are only a couple of years older than my son!

I’ve been trying to plant some geraniums this morning, I only had a dozen but had to do them in two stages, I was so out of breath. I have my chemo again tomorrow so I think I will ask about this breathlessness, I think it’s one of the worst side effects.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 04:05 PM

OK - I just received my Tesco order and it looks like a tiny amount of food for £44 or thereabouts.

I've been online here since about 9 this morning and have done little else. Tomorrow I've got my nurse at 11 and they want some blood. Not quite sure why this time as I don't have chemo for another 13 days.

Right about now is when the pain kicks in, mostly my left neck, shoulder and back. I'm not taking any tablets until bedtime, though as today I'm having wine with my meal. I've just opened a Malbec - half today and half tomorrow before it goes off. I'm having it with sausages in onion gravy, baby potatoes, tenderstem broccoli and some carrots. All fairly easy to cook.

Just had a sip of my Malbec - nice and smooth. I know you like white wines - do you have a favourite?
Peisporter Dreamy.
At least you are eating well.

Page 98 of 276 « First < 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 198 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top