Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 09:12 PM

Re: Home from Bournemouth

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Jazzi, glad you are home and safe, try not to have any more accidents.

Sorry that the weather was not good.

Let's hope your next break will be better.
Thanks, yes I hope so too.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 11:07 PM

It's good to know you're safely back Jazzi.
How many hours of flying did you actually see and was it worth it?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 06:54 AM

Thanks Carol. Some days I didn't see it all, but stayed till the end. And on Saturday, the worst day of the weather, because I went off to Wareham and Poole, and read on FB that displays were cancelled, didn't realise that some started up again at 5pm, and even the Red Arrows displayed that evening about 6! I was either back in the room, or on the way, so didn't know that flying had resumed.

Yes, it was worth it, but incredibly busy, and I could have done without the tiring journey each day.

On Sunday, I made my way past my favourite hotel, having seen it still shrouded in scaffolding, and caught the owner sitting outside, chatting, so called him over. He told me that the damage (subsidence) had occurred because of the building works next door - just across the road - during which a 23 tonne digger had been used in the basement, so causing some collapses at that end of the hotel.

At that time, re-building hadn't even started, bearing in mind this happened last November. He reckons they could re-open by about April next year, so I said please keep your website and FB updated, so I can book my room for next year's show. It is handily situated right near the cliff lift, and the upper prom. And they have a balcony, which made for terrific viewing.

I tried getting the bus back from there, but it was packed, so I had to walk back into the town square - traffic was at a standstill - saw the queue was still very long, and got a bus to the bus/train station, to catch that bus back to Swanage at the start of its journey. He was half hour late so didn't leave for another 15-20 minutes, and I got back to Swanage about 7.30. I really thought I was going to be stranded in Bournemouth for the night, but by then much of the traffic, crowds, and queues, had cleared.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top