Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
Anna B
Norfolk
Anna B is female  Anna B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 05:33 PM

Re: i saved literally thousands with a pre paid funeral plan

Hello

Yes, I hear the Abbey bells. I open the windows Sunday mornings to listen to them, and later in the day.
Tuesday evening is bell ringers practise and in good weather I open windows and listen to that. 7.30 - 9.30 almost always.

And yes again, Wymondham is a nice place to live. It's a very old Market Town .. quaint.
When stroke got me I could have ended up in a far worse place.
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 03:51 PM

as far as I'm concerned when I pop me clogs I will become somebody else's problem ..no one bothers with me to much when I'm alive,so they can bother with me when I'm dead ..
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 11:42 AM

I have never seen the point in have a funeral plan? We want the cheapest possible send off no fuss, no wreaths, no flowers no wake. We can well afford to pay for it out of our loose change.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 01:41 PM

I've saved thousands of dollars by not dying.

I'm nearly as old as this thread.
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by paulr ->
hi everyone
just thought id share with you that id recently looked at taking out one of these plans.i asked someone one to search a lot of providers on the market as it was a minefield.
glad i did and looks like im going to be saving at least 10 thousand pounds!!
happy to forward their details to anyone
hope this helps
paulr
Ahhhh, and there was me thinking you had reincarnated!!!
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by tomcat ->
as far as I'm concerned when I pop me clogs I will become somebody else's problem ..no one bothers with me to much when I'm alive,so they can bother with me when I'm dead ..
Love it!!!
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!

15-08-2016, 10:10 PM

Anyway, I've decided I'm not having a funeral - buying a flat-pack coffin, and straight up the cremie for me. No way am I lining those b...... undertakers' pockets
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 04:45 PM

I don't see any need to "have a funeral plan".

1) If you own your own home, then the value is probably climbing just as fast as the cost of a funeral.

2) Whoever inherits your house should be really happy to pay for what amounts to, probably 5% of the equity from the property. It would make sense to document your funeral wishes in your will.

3) If they don't pay for the funeral they probably will not be able to set aside the funeral cost versus what inheritance tax they'll be paying.

4) If you pay 10 years in advance, the funeral arrangements may have changed, beyond all recognition, by the time you buy it - wait and see!

I do believe it makes sense to pay for and reserve a plot now (if you plan to be buried) as the cemeteries are filling up fast.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 01:15 PM

I am relying on my family to dispose of my corpse in the cheapest way possible.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I am relying on my family to dispose of my corpse in the cheapest way possible.
I know......they approached me to supply a lead lined coffin and to weld it shut then encase it in concrete

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top