Join for free
Page 33 of 754 « First < 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 533 > Last »
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 08:19 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Yes the Edinburgh tattoo is fantastic , I've been a couple of times . Not so good in the pouring rain though ! I was once there when the dancers were dancing around in puddles , pour souls !
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 08:29 PM

Hi Abbey ... to be honest I hate bagpipes ... they're OK in a field 5 miles away but in close proximity .... eeeek !!!! Why is it that when I go on a coach holiday to Scotland the entertainment on one night is the lovely Scottish dancers and a piper in the same room ? I make a quick exit

I always assumed the Tattoo would be all Scottish dancers and bagpipes and just by chance I watched it on the TV last year for the first time ... WOW I was blown away ... loved it !!!!

Having said that I don't think I would ever be tempted to go to see it live
Nephroin
Ayrshire, Scotland
Nephroin is male  Nephroin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Nice to know You have a Name Mike...I cant misspell that One
Worry not May about the spelling of the username. It is a little weird after all ! In retrospect, it wasn't the done thing to highlight the error. Please forgive. I must try and engage the brain before attacking the keyboard !!!

Mike.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 09:13 PM

Aye the Tattoo is indeed spectacular,but like Abbey,it rained every time I went too,not comfortable sitting on a wet bum.

I've just had the most relaxing bus journey through the Yorkshire Dales for the past hour with the 'All Aboard The Country Bus'...no talking,just the faint sound of the traffic and mooing of cows in the fields,..beautiful scenery..it's still on BBC4..Fab'.

I should take Your advice Mike sometimes and engage brain before attacking keyboard too.no prob's
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 09:22 PM

Never been to the Tattoo I'm ashamed to say maybe one year I'll get there. Will watch it later in I player.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 09:36 PM

I'm watching the Dalesbus too .... I"ve never been on a bus that goes that slow . I've recorded it so I'm able to watch it x2 thank goodness !!!
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Aye the Tattoo is indeed spectacular,but like Abbey,it rained every time I went too,not comfortable sitting on a wet bum.

I've just had the most relaxing bus journey through the Yorkshire Dales for the past hour with the 'All Aboard The Country Bus'...no talking,just the faint sound of the traffic and mooing of cows in the fields,..beautiful scenery..it's still on BBC4..Fab'.

I should take Your advice Mike sometimes and engage brain before attacking keyboard too.no prob's

Missed that last night . Must see if I can get it on catchup .
I thought it sounded really good .
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK

30-08-2016, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Hi Abbey ... to be honest I hate bagpipes ... they're OK in a field 5 miles away but in close proximity .... eeeek !!!! Why is it that when I go on a coach holiday to Scotland the entertainment on one night is the lovely Scottish dancers and a piper in the same room ? I make a quick exit

I always assumed the Tattoo would be all Scottish dancers and bagpipes and just by chance I watched it on the TV last year for the first time ... WOW I was blown away ... loved it !!!!

Having said that I don't think I would ever be tempted to go to see it live
Not too sure if I would like that sort of entertainment either !
I do like the tune Highland Catherdral though .
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

30-08-2016, 08:51 AM

Good morning from sunny Macclesfield

I'm on Nanna duty for the next three days ... they're back to school next week

I had some good news yesterday .... I'm going on a 2 night mystery coach trip on Friday and expected to end up in Blackpool ... I like Blackpool so no problem .... but whoopee the hotel's near Coventry ... I've stayed there once before ... and the excursions are to Stratford upon Avon and Worcester ... lovely

Have a great day
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 09:11 AM

Good Morning Each from a dull grey Glasgow,but sun will come out later they say!...Have to go food shopping so here's hoping it's pain-free.

Enjoy Your Nana duty Myrtle while They're young as before You know it They'll be Men & Women in Their 20s like Mine..I do miss Them.

Have a great Day Everyone,x

Page 33 of 754 « First < 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 533 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top