Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 12:49 PM

The Fur Trade

The biggest faux pas a fashionista can make is to wear fur. Animals on fur farms live in absolute misery, locked in uncomfortable, dirty cages their entire lives. They suffer deformities and injuries from standing on wire mesh floors, lack of exercise and poor food, or fighting due to lack of space. Each animal always meets a painful end, when they’re gassed, shoved into decompression chambers, orally or anally electrocuted, or their necks are snapped.

As London Fashion Week (#LFW) begins, be the voice the animals need: www.ad-international.org/fur
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 01:52 PM

Re: The Fur Trade

I never understand the need for fur these days, the pretend fur is so good, I always say only things died for my pink fur coat are acrylics,pink ones obviously.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I never understand the need for fur these days, the pretend fur is so good, I always say only things died for my pink fur coat are acrylics,pink ones obviously.
Agreed ... there's no need whatsoever ..fur, mock suede.. they're all good substitutes now. Why anyone should prefer 'the real thing' just betrays callousness and lack of concern for the poor animal.

Remember years back .. lucky rabbit foot key rings? Never to be seen now and a good thing too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 07:46 PM

So much for all the crap the designers and super models came out with a few years ago. Now they are all wearing it again. They should be made to watch an animal being skinned.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 08:17 PM

Banned in this country, but still able to be sold here. It's still a massive industry elsewhere , especially for the rich and famous. 85% fur skins come from northern europe

Pink fur is better than real fur any day of the week. People get shot up here if they're seen wearing real fur.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 08:49 PM

I agree the fur trade is horrible and unnecessary not least because of the cruelty involved in the industry
If. it were humanely run would that make a difference ?
After all we wear shoes and carry bags made out of leather, cows and pigs are sentient beings too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 09:40 PM

No it wouldn't make a difference to me I always think if you are going to eat an animal then use as much of if as possible but if you aren't eating it leave it alone.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

17-02-2017, 09:50 PM

The original post is to raise awareness about this subject in relation to the London Fashion Week .

Wearing leather shoes and using leather bags, depends on the mind set of individuals. Many don't now. If it goes against the grain then one doesn't do so, just like fur.

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-u...ther-industry/

Most leather comes from developing countries such as India and China, where animal welfare laws are either non-existent or not enforced. In India, a PETA investigation found that workers break cows’ tails and rub chili peppers and tobacco into their eyes in order to force them to get up and walk after they collapse from exhaustion on the way to the slaughterhouse

With every pair of leather shoes that you buy, you sentence an animal to a lifetime of suffering. Instead, you can choose from hundreds of styles of nonleather shoes, clothing, belts, bags, and wallets. Check out PETA’s cruelty-free clothing guide for great tips on where to find fashionable yet compassionate clothing. Fashion should be fun, not fatal!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

17-02-2017, 09:57 PM

eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 08:00 AM

These huge pom poms that everyone seems to be wearing now on their bobble hats are made of fur. I've heard that China markets them as fake fur but I wonder how many people care that they're wearing the real thing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top