Join for free
Page 58 of 255 « First < 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 > Last »
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 08:44 PM

Re: OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

I was out today -visiting a friend so took my own lunch.
sarted the day with cereal, melon lf youghurt--mellons have really come down in price and I love melon--all kinds--not watermelon.

Packed lunch-wholemeal bread with a little light Philadelphia, wafer thin ham--plus roasted red pepper--just delicious-followed by Muller light yoghurt.
this evening--scrambled egg, mixed with chopped crabsticks, and more roasted peppers and tomatoes--again really lovely.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
I love veggies. I eat lots of them. And lately, since it's summer and I get these delicious tomatoes from our local farm market, I've been eating my weight in those things, lol. Even though technically tomatoes are fruit, but I still consider them vegetables, don't care what anyone says
If they are a good price--buy lots of them and make into home made tomato soup--I do it all the time--a kilo of toatoes makes about 10 portions of soup..

Just chop tomatoes roughly, put in a pan of a little water, with a knorr stock cube-I use chicken, but I guess you could use a vegetable one. add some large pieces of carrot and celery , also a large spoonful of sugar substitute----and cook on a low heat till the tomatoes are all mushed up--I then remove the carrot and celery---but you may want to leave them.
Liquidise ---then I add one small can of Sainburys cream of tomato soup---it just adds that extra bit of smoothness-and taste--but you could leave that out---but once its all divided into 10 portions--or 8 if you are hungry, the calorie count of the soup is negligable, Add a little more water if it still looks too think. then just freeze in portions. its so nice.
All it needs on defrosting , is chuck some chopped veg in, a little cooked pasta--micowave it--a spponful of fromage frais, or lowfat youghurt---a really tasty quick, and easy lunch !!
mariana
Kent. Uk.

02-07-2016, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Boring Egg Salad today.

But as from tomorrow I will be having Full English Breakfast for one week, as on holiday.
Wow---have a great time--and enjoy yourself !!!
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by mariana ->
I was out today -visiting a friend so took my own lunch.
sarted the day with cereal, melon lf youghurt--mellons have really come down in price and I love melon--all kinds--not watermelon.

Packed lunch-wholemeal bread with a little light Philadelphia, wafer thin ham--plus roasted red pepper--just delicious-followed by Muller light yoghurt.
this evening--scrambled egg, mixed with chopped crabsticks, and more roasted peppers and tomatoes--again really lovely.
Wow, that sounds fantastic. I'm copying these ideas, especially the sandwich. I love roasted red peppers.

Originally Posted by mariana ->
If they are a good price--buy lots of them and make into home made tomato soup--I do it all the time--a kilo of toatoes makes about 10 portions of soup..

Just chop tomatoes roughly, put in a pan of a little water, with a knorr stock cube-I use chicken, but I guess you could use a vegetable one. add some large pieces of carrot and celery , also a large spoonful of sugar substitute----and cook on a low heat till the tomatoes are all mushed up--I then remove the carrot and celery---but you may want to leave them.
Liquidise ---then I add one small can of Sainburys cream of tomato soup---it just adds that extra bit of smoothness-and taste--but you could leave that out---but once its all divided into 10 portions--or 8 if you are hungry, the calorie count of the soup is negligable, Add a little more water if it still looks too think. then just freeze in portions. its so nice.
All it needs on defrosting , is chuck some chopped veg in, a little cooked pasta--micowave it--a spponful of fromage frais, or lowfat youghurt---a really tasty quick, and easy lunch !!
Thank you, sounds delish! I love tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

02-07-2016, 11:12 PM

Wow, that sounds fantastic. I'm copying these ideas, especially the sandwich. I love roasted red peppers.

So do I-0-first time Ive ever done them myself--but really easy-Idid the in the oven of the microwave as My cooker is not working now.

Thank you, sounds delish! I love tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches

it is , so tasty--and versatile.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2016, 12:00 AM

One of my favorite things is making homemade soups.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

03-07-2016, 12:56 PM

I am not much onto soups--but I really love this one !
Linda0818
USA

04-07-2016, 11:54 AM

I love soups

Well, another pound down, total 13. But that's probably because I didn't eat much last week, which is why I dropped another pound so quickly after losing the previous 2. Too much going on, too much on my mind and it kind of kills my appetite some.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

04-07-2016, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
I love soups

Well, another pound down, total 13. But that's probably because I didn't eat much last week, which is why I dropped another pound so quickly after losing the previous 2. Too much going on, too much on my mind and it kind of kills my appetite some.
i was told when i pout on 1 and a half pounds the other week that I was not eating enough ! it does not make sense--

Im the same--too much on my mind--hopefully when I start seeing the counsellor ahe will help get rid of all that pain in me.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

04-07-2016, 12:20 PM

BtW--well done for another pound--almost a stone
youve got to be pleased with that--and be able to see the difference--and feel it.

Page 58 of 255 « First < 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top