Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 12:12 PM

Re: Are we safer in the EU?

Originally Posted by Alien ->
What a pity you are fed up with 'others opinions' considering you are in a forum that by its very reason for being is ' to give opinions' .
As for a link to a paper or news article , I believe adults do this as others if interested can read the link and form their own opinion ?
I was not criticizing your post and I am happy to listen to the opinions of people on this forum, that is why I am a member.
What I am fed up with is people with affiliations to political parties giving their opinions to help their party get what they want.
Immigration is what will cause most of the leave voters to vote that way and UKIP are the only party that want people to vote that way.... although many members of the other parties would be happy to leave the EU. What none of us need is some top guy suggesting that our country will be at risk if we don't vote to stay... unless of course they have proof that what they are saying is correct......which they don't.
Alien
Uk
Alien is male  Alien has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 12:37 PM

I very much doubt we will vote to leave on the 23rd, however on the 24th and forever afterwards knowing the uk has lost its only chance to escape the eu then the fun and games will start in their push for ever closer reunification with the corrupt failed state we pay £55m a day too.
Quite what happens after this will be very interesting considering the opinion polls actually have it as a tight race at the moment , and a country with half the population showing its distaste for Europe yet dragged along for the ride ( and Be us in or out , Europe will be facing massive problems over coming years that is without doubt ) then it will be interesting to see quite what will happen to the ukip voters ... I imagine like we are seeing in Europe already , extreme right wing parties will be the only options open for even moderate voters to make their protest votes ? British politics certainly will change after the 23rd June in ways I doubt even Cameron has realised yet .
Time will tell eh
Alien
Uk
Alien is male  Alien has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 12:58 PM

I may as well say it before Dave and oddoneborn cone up with more scarey threats .
If we leave the bogey man may well get you if out after dark , pound land may become £1.01 land and the fairies may well stop living in your garden .
Santa won't visit as we're out of Schengen and are last in the queue therefore upsetting his heavy timetable. Fish will be directed under EEC rulings no longer to follow the gulf stream but to turn east at Gibraltar and migrating birds will be advised to go no further north than Calais as they wouldn't be allowed back should they ignore eu guidelines.
Germany will obviously set new trade deals to offload its volks wagons and audi's ( current option is Nigeria as they can then claim aid from the uk to help reduce costs) and Mercedes will do similar with Kazakhstan causing hundreds of empty parking spaces in the uk .
War will follow , Dave has been assured of a Dalek invasion followed by the cyber men years later .
Obviously the price of everything will become too expensive overnight , eBay will become a pastime of the rich and life as we know it will cease to exist . On the plus side , it's rumoured Simon Cowell will leave the uk for good and take his Tv shows with him along with ant and Dec and for that alone I believe leaving is well worth paying any price
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I was not criticizing your post and I am happy to listen to the opinions of people on this forum, that is why I am a member.
What I am fed up with is people with affiliations to political parties giving their opinions to help their party get what they want.
Immigration is what will cause most of the leave voters to vote that way and UKIP are the only party that want people to vote that way.... although many members of the other parties would be happy to leave the EU. What none of us need is some top guy suggesting that our country will be at risk if we don't vote to stay... unless of course they have proof that what they are saying is correct......which they don't.
I got your post Twink.

It's a bit like coffee producers saying that tea is bad for you.

No one knows what will happen if we leave but surely we have to take a leap of faith considering we are already over half way down the pan.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 01:20 PM

I may as well say it before Dave and oddoneborn cone up with more scarey threats .
If we leave the bogey man may well get you if out after dark , pound land may become £1.01 land and the fairies may well stop living in your garden .
Santa won't visit as we're out of Schengen and are last in the queue therefore upsetting his heavy timetable. Fish will be directed under EEC rulings no longer to follow the gulf stream but to turn east at Gibraltar and migrating birds will be advised to go no further north than Calais as they wouldn't be allowed back should they ignore eu guidelines.
Germany will obviously set new trade deals to offload its volks wagons and audi's ( current option is Nigeria as they can then claim aid from the uk to help reduce costs) and Mercedes will do similar with Kazakhstan causing hundreds of empty parking spaces in the uk .
War will follow , Dave has been assured of a Dalek invasion followed by the cyber men years later .
Obviously the price of everything will become too expensive overnight , eBay will become a pastime of the rich and life as we know it will cease to exist . On the plus side , it's rumoured Simon Cowell will leave the uk for good and take his Tv shows with him along with ant and Dec and for that alone I believe leaving is well worth paying any price
Hi

Typical Brexit nonsense.

Merkel has made it perfectly clear that she will impose economic sanctions unless we keep Simon Cowell and Ant and Dec strictly to ourselves.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Typical Brexit nonsense.

Merkel has made it perfectly clear that she will impose economic sanctions unless we keep Simon Cowell and Ant and Dec strictly to ourselves.
Oh F**k.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 01:23 PM

The area I live in is full of pensioners. I think I may see if I can offer a free taxi service to take them all to vote, seeing as they are the most likely to vote to leave.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 08:03 PM

I very much doubt we will vote to leave on the 23rd, however on the 24th and forever afterwards knowing the uk has lost its only chance to escape the eu then the fun and games will start in their push for ever closer reunification with the corrupt failed state we pay £55m a day too.
Quite what happens after this will be very interesting considering the opinion polls actually have it as a tight race at the moment , and a country with half the population showing its distaste for Europe yet dragged along for the ride ( and Be us in or out , Europe will be facing massive problems over coming years that is without doubt ) then it will be interesting to see quite what will happen to the ukip voters ... I imagine like we are seeing in Europe already , extreme right wing parties will be the only options open for even moderate voters to make their protest votes ? British politics certainly will change after the 23rd June in ways I doubt even Cameron has realised yet .
Time will tell eh
It will indeed be interesting.

Although I shall vote OUT on principle, and for the good of the country, remaining in the EU is unlikely to harm me at least in the short term.

What I would find amusing is the faces of all the Europhiles when the things you mention come to pass, which I am convinced they would.

If the worst comes to the worst, I suppose there is some consolation that we would not have been defeated purely by some foreign power so much as having handed over the country all by ourselves.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
The area I live in is full of pensioners. I think I may see if I can offer a free taxi service to take them all to vote, seeing as they are the most likely to vote to leave.
Lubbly Jubbly Twink.
Please come and pick me up, as I am a fully fledged brexiter!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 10:45 PM

Congratulations on your forum name Alien.
Spot on there.
May I ask what planet you are from then?

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top