Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 07:21 PM

Elephant Family and Me.

Absolutely enthralling .
BBC2 now.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 07:37 PM

Re: Elephant Family and Me.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Absolutely enthralling .
BBC2 now.
I agree.
What a job.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 07:42 PM

Lovely wildlife program.I do like Gordon.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 07:58 PM

This is a repeat isn't it with the baby elephant getting suck in the mud I watched it before, I always enjoy Gordon Buchanan's animal adventures
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 08:00 PM

I luv elephants, amazing animals. And aren't the babies so very appealing.
Heartbreaking when poachers kill them.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 09:40 PM

We are due to go and see Gordon Buchanan at Warwick Arts Centre in October to hear him talk about "Animals and Me", which should be fascinating. He is one of my favourite photographer/presenters.

The last talk I went to there was by Ranulph Fiennes.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 09:55 PM

Elephants are amazing animals. We once sat in our vehicle in Tsavo and watched 30 plus elephants, the matriarch in the lead, babies under tummies, they crossed in front of us and you couldn't hear sound as they crossed the bush in a line, they were completely silent.

We have seen them in Amboseli, the Masai Mara and other game parks in Kenya. We've also seen them in Sri Lanka, wild ones, not the "domesticated" ones, in Yala National Park and a national park in India, which I can't remember the name of but which we flew to from Mumbai, hoping to see at least one Tiger, but didn't.

We did have a scary half hour with a lone bull elephant on the Mara, at least our driver (who was a driver for Big Cat Diary) said it was a bull, I was cowering as far down as I could get, the driver took the photos for me. I went off Elephants a bit after that. He came even closer than this to investigate us. It was scary.

CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 10:24 PM

We too had a scarey encounter with a bull elephant when on safari in the Kenya Highlands, it came storming out of the trees, ears wildly flapping and trumpeting loudly. The guide said it was probably a "bluff charge", but by golly it was frightening.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
We too had a scarey encounter with a bull elephant when on safari in the Kenya Highlands, it came storming out of the trees, ears wildly flapping and trumpeting loudly. The guide said it was probably a "bluff charge", but by golly it was frightening.
Not the most pleasant of experiences is it?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top