Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 07:20 PM

Dinner Dance

Tonight is our annual get together with a few friends, all of whom we've known for over thirty years.
It's usually at the same venue which has some very large function rooms. We'll be having a 4-course roast meal, plus numerous drinks and there is a disco all night.

Who else has a similar thing going on this year?☺
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 07:25 PM

Re: Dinner Dance

That sounds very nice Floydy, I hope you all have a great time.

Nothing like that planned for us though...
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 07:25 PM

Oooh, enjoy yourself Floydy. I used to love dinner dances - great for dressing up, having a bop and generally enjoying the whole shebang

In answer to your question though about anyone going to any this year - no, not me.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 07:50 PM

Thanks Mags, Pesta.
The couple who organise this each year are a little routine in their ways, and it can be a touch tedious going to the same venue every time, but we have plenty to talk about - and yes, we look forward to a few dances later on. And some 'dad dancing air guitar' from me might sadly occur too!

I'm sure you'll both be going somewhere for a meal at least?☺
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Thanks Mags, Pesta.
The couple who organise this each year are a little routine in their ways, and it can be a touch tedious going to the same venue every time, but we have plenty to talk about - and yes, we look forward to a few dances later on. And some 'dad dancing air guitar' from me might sadly occur too!

I'm sure you'll both be going somewhere for a meal at least?☺
Yes, I know what you mean about the 'routine' can be tedious. Been to a fair few D/D's over the years but the best was always the Cruising Club's yearly bash. Always guaranteed to be full of laughter and camaraderie and fun with a capital F.
I must admit I miss stuff like that now I'm not part of any clubs.

Nope. No Christmas meal out for me. Do you feel sorry for me

Edited.... oops, I lied. I forgot

I'm taking Miss Madam and her beau out next w/end for a Christmas meal, when she gets back from abroad.
He's away from 22 Dec for 3 weeks so I'm giving him his pressies before he goes.
Miss Madam will be here Christmas day and she wants toad in th'ole
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 08:08 PM

Going out with some mates but nothing as civilised as yours.

Not being able to dance or even shuffle in time to the beat doesn't help.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 10:08 PM

Have a great evening Floydy you both deserve to let your hair down after the year you've had. All the best mate and regards to Mrs Floydy....

We take ourselves off to the Palm Court Hotel in Scarborough for three nights to see in the New Year Floydy. We meet up with some fellow revellers we met about fifteen years ago and have celebrated together every year since. It's a good knees up with dancing into the early hours, and I still rise at six in the morning for my New Years Day six mile run.....I know what you're thinking.....But it's traditional....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

03-12-2017, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Yes, I know what you mean about the 'routine' can be tedious. Been to a fair few D/D's over the years but the best was always the Cruising Club's yearly bash. Always guaranteed to be full of laughter and camaraderie and fun with a capital F.
I must admit I miss stuff like that now I'm not part of any clubs.

Nope. No Christmas meal out for me. Do you feel sorry for me

Edited.... oops, I lied. I forgot

I'm taking Miss Madam and her beau out next w/end for a Christmas meal, when she gets back from abroad.
He's away from 22 Dec for 3 weeks so I'm giving him his pressies before he goes.
Miss Madam will be here Christmas day and she wants toad in th'ole
Miss Madam? Sorry Pesta, I'm not in the know as others may be. But whatever, have a good time there☺
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

03-12-2017, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Going out with some mates but nothing as civilised as yours.

Not being able to dance or even shuffle in time to the beat doesn't help.
Nowt wrong with that bud, I had a night out with the lads from work last weekend.
In a couple of weeks' time the girls in our gang have their meal out, so for the first time us lads are gonna do our own thing: A Saturday afternoon on the proverbial p---, followed bh some scran. Just trying to please all parties!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

03-12-2017, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Have a great evening Floydy you both deserve to let your hair down after the year you've had. All the best mate and regards to Mrs Floydy....

We take ourselves off to the Palm Court Hotel in Scarborough for three nights to see in the New Year Floydy. We meet up with some fellow revellers we met about fifteen years ago and have celebrated together every year since. It's a good knees up with dancing into the early hours, and I still rise at six in the morning for my New Years Day six mile run.....I know what you're thinking.....But it's traditional....
Thanks Bob, really kind of you☺

I know the Palm Court Hotel well, it's right next door to the Travelodge we stayed at last year to go to a rockabilly night at the Grand across the car park.
Have a fantastic time pal....but I know you'll still be itching for that jog on the beach the next day. Dunno how you do it!!😨

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top