Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 04:43 PM

Re: As you get older is it inevitable that illnesses catch up with you?

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Ta Da!!!

https://www.petfinder.com/cat-breeds/Sphynx

Rehab's wrinkly cat!!!
Already posted Rehab's cat UJ
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
All very nice but at the end of the day we all bloody die,
Course we do Rehab - I'm just trying to make it more complicated than it is.

By the way - that's not your cat is it? In another world didn't it belong to someone who frequented the Jockey's Nostril? Bit of a pest if I remember rightly.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 06:33 PM

Same cat, same place, along with the 7 Pickled Eggs of Destiny.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 07:06 PM

The cat is back!
Pickled what?
What came first the Chicken or the egg?
Maybe that is the answer we need, even if they are pickled.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 07:32 PM

Did you eat the seven pickled eggs of destiny Rehab or did you raffle them off in the end? I bet they smell awful now.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 07:37 PM

Not that has anything to do with the OP, but the story goes that the Eggs of Destiny had great healing powers.
It was said that the 7 Eggs of Destiny held the secrets of the universe, gave untold power and wealth to anyone possessing such an egg and cured male pattern baldness and erectile dysfunction. These eggs were highly prized.

The Eggbert Egg was first discovered in ancient Sumeria by a a young vllage boy Roberto who in fact was searching for Dead Sea Scrolls in the local caves and only finding goats. The Egg was taken from Roberto who got a clip around the ear for ignoring the goats and bringing home an egg after all you can get a dozen free range eggs from Asda for next to nothing.

The remaining eggs were scattered across the world one was hidden in the great pyramid of Cheops another one was believed to be in Lenin’s Tomb in Moscow in his inside jacket pocket, yet another was in a wooden crate in hanger 13 in Area 51 next to a flying saucer. A fourth egg was residing in cyber pub in England and the whereabouts of the other 3 Eggs is still unknown, stories about a jeweller called Faberge and the remaing eggs are at this moment unsubstantiated
A sighting of The Egbert Egg was first reported in in Italy where a after long investigation and study it was decided to pickle it for posterity and place it on display in the Vatican, under very carefully controlled conditions in the presence of the greatest scientists of the age.

The shell itself was carefully removed in order to retain the ancient Coptic, Aramaic and Sumarian writings upon it, and especilly an ancient Celtic pictogram that said, ‘Roberto woz ‘ere’
The procedure for removing the shell itself involved the rolling of the egg on the inside of the thigh of an Italian virgin and crushing it gently. This apparently brought tears to the eyes of the male beholders and once again demonstrating the awesome powers of The Egg.

And so it came to pass that the Eggbert Egg was presented to King Vlad the First who was a day trip to Rome for the Games (King Vlad was competing in the Half Litre Snatch) and won, and carried to England....... where it still resides to this day...Does than answer your query?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

31-10-2017, 07:56 PM

Sort of Rehab but, (and there is always a but) does it smell after all this time? Will it decompose and become "basic matter" any time soon?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

31-10-2017, 08:00 PM

It’s pickled my dear, next time you pop into your local chip shop, (assuming it hasn’t been bombed by the Germans) take a look at the pickled eggs on display....Brown and wrinkled, some have been in there since the Jurassic ...
Trust me I know about these things
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 08:02 PM

Crikey Rehab you are a clever cat.
I will have to read that a few times.
Still, it is better than arguments - me no likey them.
The plus side here is that the older we get, the more we learn.
Forget the doom and gloom for goodness sake.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

31-10-2017, 08:18 PM

Alcohol or vinegar Rehab -I have to ask - I am allergic to vinegar, but alcohol gives me a warm fuzzy feeling until I fall over.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top