Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 09:21 PM

camera and other batteries

How often do you check on the amount of charge in a battery?

heye is nothing worse than grabbing say a camera only to find the battery has gone flat.

yes you could exhaust a battery first then charge it up but that doesn't help if wanting to use a camera.

I tend to do a regular weekly check on camera and AA/AAA batteries .

I have told the story before about the guy who sat on the table next to use (My manageress and I) at a raptor centre.

He had bought a new camera the previous day ,a Nikon, and eager to try it out.

He sat there ranting and raving it didn't work and had a go at his wife saying he should have bought a Canon camera as they were more reliable.

Dawn ,my manageress lent over to see if she could help. She looked at it and asked for the battery to check it out.

Yes he had not charge it up, is the short story. and and he left red faced.

That is is shortened version

So always pay to double check at least a day before wanting to use it
Just noticed that one of my camcorder battery charges has failed so ordered a new one
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 10:16 PM

Re: camera and other batteries

So always pay to double check at least a day before wanting to use it
AA/AAA batteries? You have a Nikon D800 that doesn't take those I think that you meant for those that take that type of battery, always check the charge before leaving home with your camera.
For me, I have a spare battery for the D800 and SD memory card. The card needs to be as fast as possible. At present, I have an Extreme Pro 64 GB, 95 MB/S which will be updated soon.
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 10:19 AM

I have 3 batteries for the D800 (two in use at any one time) and 5 for my Fuji cameras. Add in a set of AA for each of my 5 flashes and a couple of spare sets and there’s rarely a day goes by that something isn’t on charge
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 10:21 AM

Also a couple of packs of LR44s that most of my film cameras seem to use
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mister_Oy ->
I have 3 batteries for the D800 (two in use at any one time) and 5 for my Fuji cameras. Add in a set of AA for each of my 5 flashes and a couple of spare sets and there’s rarely a day goes by that something isn’t on charge
That's understandable in your job mate. After all, it wouldn't be right if a pro photographer couldn't take that vital shot because of flat battery.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 09:01 PM

I have just changed cameras. Up until recently I had an entry level Nikkon and bought a small pouch to carry it around in. The pouch had a zip pocket where there was always at least a spare pair of di-lithium crystals and spare memory card.

I have now bought a mid range Panasonic with a rechargeable battery. I intend to get a spare when time permits, but whilst on our grand tour of the UK and Eire, I made sure it was charged after every use, and could also be charged in the car whilst we were out and about if necessary, unlike several other cameras I looked at that could only be charged from the mains.

Yes, it is very important to check these simple things, but thanks for the reminder as I will now make a note to get a spare battery and memory card.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 09:06 PM

My Nikon tells me when the battery needs re charging...simples
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 03:38 AM

When I buy a new camera I always buy a spare battery then I don't care when the battery in the camera runs out because there is a spare in the camera case to immediately replace it.

The camera gives enough warning when the battery is low so replacing it, which takes seconds, never has to happen when you need the camera most.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
AA/AAA batteries? You have a Nikon D800 that doesn't take those I think that you meant for those that take that type of battery, always check the charge before leaving home with your camera.
For me, I have a spare battery for the D800 and SD memory card. The card needs to be as fast as possible. At present, I have an Extreme Pro 64 GB, 95 MB/S which will be updated soon.
AA batteries for the flashgun my Nikon speedlight SB-900 takes 4 of them

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top