Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 12:27 PM

Re: Do you believe in Karma, Justice?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Mups hinduism seems to be very much about accepting your destiny, the theory being that you cannot change it. So your friend's view would fit with that.

IMO our actions bear no connection to what happens randomly in nature. But our psyche has a need to rationalise the chaos of life and create reason where none exists. Otherwise all the animals that suffer terribly in abattoirs and science labs must have been truly viscious in their previous life.

The ones I know are very peaceful people, Annie. They don't kill and eat animals either. I have been invited to a Diwali dinner with them next week and it will all be vegetarian.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 12:35 PM

Karma is a nice idea but I am sure it doesn't happen. For me, your behavior is created by your emotions, be they good or bad, so the only punishment would be created by your own bad decisions.
Isn't Karma just the way we satisfy our own needs, by saying "serves them right"?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 02:17 PM

Hi

I do not believe in Karma, seen far too many escape justice, mostly for two reasons.

They are wealthy and well connected or else so violent nobody will give evidence.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The ones I know are very peaceful people, Annie. They don't kill and eat animals either. I have been invited to a Diwali dinner with them next week and it will all be vegetarian.
The Hindus i know are the same.

Perhaps trying to build good karma for the next life makes for a better society?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
No, it's nonsense, however there are laws of physics which might apply.
The butterfly effect?
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 03:53 PM

Thank you for your replies.
I think I started this as I seem to be feeling so frustrated at life these days and not being able to do anything to make things better. It upsets me seeing injustice and sometimes I burn with outrage at things I see. Some seem to think that its ok to step on others to get what they want in fact some seem to take a pleasure in it. I have always hoped that there would be Karma to punish those people. I'm not just talking about mans inhumanity to man but also to animals and our very home the living planet Earth.
No I'm not going all wishy washy its just that I think there are too many people taking advantage and I was hoping that Karma/justice would be forthcoming. Instead it feels more and more as if there is no justice and the strong winners will always win no matter what tactics they use and s*d everybody else.
I'm not sure about the reincarnation idea as I've read that there are approximately 15 dead people for every one of the 7 billion of us alive today so that's an awful lot of souls hanging around waiting to be reborn.
The Karma /justice seems to be a waste of time time then and life is just a random series of events that we have no control over.
Unless of course I start wearing my boxers outside my trousers, fasten on a cape and mask and fight oppression myself.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 04:34 PM

That is a subject to deep for me to even think about.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 08:05 PM

Sorry, you feel that way Mondays child.
I think we all go through stages in our life when we feel like you do.
I have often thought about this subject, but as yet have no particular views today.
Very nice subject for a debate.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 08:14 PM

Life's a bi**h and then you die.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 08:55 PM

How people treat you is their Karma-how you react is yours.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top