Join for free
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 05:06 PM

Call blocker for Android phone

I'm getting a daily call from an 0800 number on my android phone. My phone, Sony Xperia, doesn't appear to have a call blocking facility and the user guide seems to suggest downloading an app. There are many to choose from and wondered if anyone here had experience of any.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 05:20 PM

Re: Call blocker for Android phone

I use this one.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er.callblocker

Easy to set up and all you need to do is touch the Blacklist tab and then select New. You can add a number here manually or select one from your phone's call history. Further calls from those numbers are then blocked.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 09:10 PM

Many thanks Judd, got that one on my phone now, and hopefully an end to that particular nuisance call.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I'm getting a daily call from an 0800 number on my android phone. My phone, Sony Xperia, doesn't appear to have a call blocking facility and the user guide seems to suggest downloading an app. There are many to choose from and wondered if anyone here had experience of any.
I have an old Xperia which I now only use as a spare phone but this works:

• From the home screen, tap the Apps icon.
  • Tap Contacts.
  • Tap the Add a contact icon.
  • Edit the required contact, name and number to be blocked.
  • Tap the Menu icon.
  • Tap All calls to voicemail.
  • Tap Done.
Val J
East Yorkshire

20-10-2017, 09:34 AM

Thanks for that info Bruce, I'll have a look at doing that. However, I have my voicemail switched off, so wonder if it will still work.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top