Join for free
Page 106 of 190 « First < 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 07:21 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Sounds like you are really enjoying your holiday Bob, your photos are lovely .... almost as if we are keeping an eye on you
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 07:41 AM

Thanks Mags, it's nice to share my experiences with everyone it gives me a purpose......
However, I had a small brush with gravity yesterday as we were walking down into St Peter Port, stepping off the edge of the path I suddenly found myself face down on the tarmac so we had to abandon our visit to the castle and return to the hotel to get cleaned up. I'm pleased to report that nothing is broken and the injuries seem to be be superficial, so it's business as usual today.......

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 08:34 AM

Oh dear Foxy, stick to the tea and cakes and lay off the "falling down water"
Only joking,I hope it doesn't hurt too much and you are soon healed!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Mags, it's nice to share my experiences with everyone it gives me a purpose......
However, I had a small brush with gravity yesterday as we were walking down into St Peter Port, stepping off the edge of the path I suddenly found myself face down on the tarmac so we had to abandon our visit to the castle and return to the hotel to get cleaned up. I'm pleased to report that nothing is broken and the injuries seem to be be superficial, so it's business as usual today.......

Oh dear! .... that looks sore Bob ..... and you're still smiling! . I'm pleased it wasn't more serious and you can still enjoy the rest of your holiday, just be careful where you're walking now
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 06:06 PM

Oh no Foxy, that does look sore, anyway good to hear there's no real damage. Take more care and enjoy the rest of your holiday!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 12:49 AM

Oh, Bob, you are such a good sport! What a great attitude you have! I hope it doesn't hurt terribly and I wish you speedy healing. Adventure begins when the first thing goes wrong, so now you are on an adventure for sure with a story you won't soon forget.

You know this would never have happend if you had been running .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 05:20 PM

Thanks everyone for your sympathy, I'd hoped it would at least get me a few drinks in the bar but no chance. I think they were on to my little game....

Yes it's strange that Surfermom, I've had one or two spills in the past while out running - usually on rough surfaces or ice - and I'm a good faller, rolling into the fall or getting my hands down before my face. This occurred walking slowly on flat tarmac, my foot went over the edge of the path and the next thing I remember was waking up on the floor....

Business as usual this morning as I gingerly took on my seven mile run, Mrs Fox wasn't happy about me going and people at the hotel thought I might be suffering from concussion, but I took on the hills and won........I think Mrs Fox was just jelous because I beat her at Backgammon the other night. We've never played before and I interpreted the rules.....

After a walk down into St Peter Port this morning I was surprised to see runners on the marathon just finishing. It reminded me of old times and my best marathon time of just three hours would have got me fourth place here.....

Mrs Fox likes to get up early to do her exercises on the Hotel's front lawn....Such a drama queen.....

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-08-2017, 10:05 AM

Apparently it was the hottest Bank Holiday on record yesterday here in Guernsey, and it was still quite warm as I set off at 6:15 am on my Tuesday morning seven mile run.
It soon became apparent that my legs were tired and the struggle up the steep climb out of St Peter Port took it's toll. I managed to keep going over the remaining undulating roads, and even carried on past the turn off for the hotel for the lap around the monument to complete the seven mile course.

Mrs Fox has just nipped into the village while I write this blog, but I feel lethargic and not even breakfast seems to have helped with my recovery. Nine holes on the nearby 'pitch and putt' is planned for her return, but I feel every one of my sixty seven years this morning......

A steep climb down through the forest reveal secret little sandy coves like this one, ideal for some peace and quiet, and most of them have small tea rooms with Crab Sanwiches on the menu......

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-08-2017, 04:17 PM

Mrs Fox recons that washing your hair in the rain does it the power of good......

The finals of the Guernsey Mixed Open Golf Championships took place earlier today and I managed to obtain a copy of the score cards.....That Rob bloke seems to be a quite impressive player....Yes?.....

The weather has been outstanding for the last week or so but tomorrow all that will change according to the BBC Weather, so the waterproof coat that I've carried round in my rucksack all week will finally be of some use... I managed to recover after this mornings seven mile struggler, and after attending the Golf Championships managed thirty lengths of the hotel pool...So a long walk up to 'Oaklands' (A sort of small shopping complex at the other end of the Island) looks imminent (if I can ever get the smell of chlorine out of my skin)....Rain or no rain......

Just Wednesday and Thursday to go and then it's home on Friday, I'll be able to attend to forum matters more comprehensively as the internet coverage here is sh!Łe so I've been limiting myself to 'Bob's Bits' and twiddling my thumbs for ten minutes while a photo downloads...I hope you've all missed me, but fear not, good times, and Foxy, are about to return......
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 05:09 PM

What a nice round of blog entries and photos. I see that Mrs. Fox is in fine form...flexible and shampooed...and so terribly nice of her to let you win in pitch and putt!

It seems that you have recovered well from the Great Fox Fall of 2017, and I understand your need to get right back out there on the pavement. Swimming, golf, running, walking...it seems you have well-earned all the delicious fare that comes with holiday dining.

The scenery there is spectacular; I had no idea! If I made my way down to one of those pretty little coves, I might never come back...

Soak up the sun and fun!

Page 106 of 190 « First < 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top