Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 04:17 PM

Eating for Health

For years we have been told not to eat fat from meat, or Butter. or lard, and sugar is poison
Eat plenty of Fruit and vegetables, all covered in Chemicals unless you are lucky to grow them or be near a Farmer’s Market

In that case; Why are many more people Obese and suffer with Diabetes and ill health?.

This Healthy Eating does not seem to be working
And….. Do we really need to be told what to eat?

A lot of overeating is caused by depression. Shouldn’t the Government address that issue?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 04:26 PM

Re: Eating for Health

There is no such thing as healthy eating, there is only unhealthy eating.
All food is nutritious ... It is just an excess of it that makes it unhealthy.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
For years we have been told not to eat fat from meat, or Butter. or lard, and sugar is poison
Eat plenty of Fruit and vegetables, all covered in Chemicals unless you are lucky to grow them or be near a Farmer’s Market
What to eat is common sense really, eat food that is as little processed and natural as possible, eat a good variety and eat in moderation.
I have always stuck to butter and never ate processed margarine.
In that case; Why are many more people Obese and suffer with Diabetes and ill health?.
This Healthy Eating does not seem to be working
Many people don't listen to common sense and eat rubbish. You only have to look at the things people have in their shopping trolleys to realise this.

A lot of overeating is caused by depression. Shouldn’t the Government address that issue?
and….. Do we really need to be told what to eat?
No we shouldn't need anyone to tell us how to eat . We are responsible for our own bodies.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 04:52 PM

It can be very difficult, as some people put on weight very easily--me being one--whereas some people can apparently eat anything and never put on weight. i find it a struggle to lose weight, although I am really trying very hard right now.
i know what I should eat and what I should not eat. I live alone so obviously it would appear easier for me, as I do not have to buy stuff that I know is not good for me---but being alone all the time is not good for me either.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 04:59 PM

What was once considered as chubby is now classed as obese. I don't consider myself as obese but the doctor says l am!
I am not suffering from depression, l just have a very generous male friend who takes me out for meals, buys me sweets and cream cakes.
I have told him, l am going to finish with him as his kindness is detrimental to my health!
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by mariana ->
It can be very difficult, as some people put on weight very easily--me being one--whereas some people can apparently eat anything and never put on weight. i find it a struggle to lose weight, although I am really trying very hard right now.
i know what I should eat and what I should not eat. I live alone so obviously it would appear easier for me, as I do not have to buy stuff that I know is not good for me---but being alone all the time is not good for me either.
If you are putting on weight then you are eating too much....no excuses end of story !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 05:09 PM

I am convinced that a lot of the obesity problems in this Country is because many people can't afford to eat 'good' food. It's easy to say eat organic and eat good local produce but there is a massive price difference particularly if you use local shops and farm shops.

Ok, I know we can all live on salad but good meat and veg is expensive.

I went to a county show last week and saw a small piece of cheese priced at £8.75
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
If you are putting on weight then you are eating too much....no excuses end of story !
Malcolm, I don't think it's eating too much, it's eating all the wrong things!
I eat butter and full fat milk and not chemical ridden spreads. My argument is, l need some fats to cushion my brain and major organs. I have been on low fat diets before and ended up with dry skin and hair!
I will go to Slimming World as directed by my doctor and hope l can still have a scrape of proper butter and some full fat blue top milk.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 05:15 PM

I am not hugely overweight but probably need to lose a stone. The only diet I have ever been on and lost weight is a low carb diet. Lots of cheese, eggs, chicken, bacon, tuna, certain vegetables and salad. No potatoes, root veg, rice, pasta, bread very and little milk.

This diet works, gives you protein and you never feel hungry.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

25-05-2016, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I am convinced that a lot of the obesity problems in this Country is because many people can't afford to eat 'good' food. It's easy to say eat organic and eat good local produce but there is a massive price difference particularly if you use local shops and farm shops.

Ok, I know we can all live on salad but good meat and veg is expensive.

I went to a county show last week and saw a small piece of cheese priced at £8.75
I make sure l can afford good food, l cook all my food from scratch and grow fruit, soft fruit and vegetables. It's the 'treats' that have caused me to put weight on.
I weigh 11.9 st and l am classed as obese because l am 5ft 2in.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top