Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 07:00 PM

It seems we have allies

It seems we have allies

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...n=Brexit_email

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...n=Brexit_email
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 07:10 PM

Re: It seems we have allies

Hi

Switzerland is not in the EU, so no good as ally, they have no power at all.

Switzerland is a member of EFTA, EFTA is part of the Single Market.

We are leaving the Single Market, so again, just the Express stirring up Fake News.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Switzerland is not in the EU, so no good as ally, they have no power at all.

Switzerland is a member of EFTA, EFTA is part of the Single Market.

We are leaving the Single Market, so again, just the Express stirring up Fake News.
I am aware that Switzerland isn't in the EU, but neither is it invisible!

Others within the EU will be fully aware of their stance.

Others within the EU will share their (and our) opinion of the EU dictators.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I am aware that Switzerland isn't in the EU, but neither is it invisible!

Others within the EU will be fully aware of their stance.

Others within the EU will share their (and our) opinion of the EU dictators.
Hi

That may well be the case, however Switzerland does pay into the EU as the price for protecting their exports, they are part of the Single Market, they have no vote, no power of veto, have to accept EU Regulations in respect of any exports and have to accept free movement.

We have decided to have none of that, so rather than being a partner of the EU, like Norway and Switzerland, we have decided to become a competitor.

That is entirely our decision.

As for the second link to the Express., yep it is going to hurt the EU and will most definitely hurt the German Automobile Industry, but nowhere near as much as it is going to hurt the UK.

42% of our Exports go to the EU, 13% of EU Exports go to the UK.

Simple Maths, it is going to hurt us 3 times as much as it will them.

Leaving was the right thing to do, but any idea whatsoever that we will save money is a complete and utter fantasy.

It is going to hurt for years, how long is dependant upon our Politicians.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 07:57 PM

Shall I hold your coats?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

27-06-2017, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
Shall I hold your coats?
Hi

I am off to bed soon
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-06-2017, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
Shall I hold your coats?
I'm not going to contest SF's statements, but I shall make my point in another way:

I believe that both of my links are indicative that many, perhaps most, ordinary people in the EU are less than happy with the EU mandarins.

This could portend the eventual collapse of the EU, as has been suggested by many.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

That may well be the case, however Switzerland does pay into the EU as the price for protecting their exports, they are part of the Single Market, they have no vote, no power of veto, have to accept EU Regulations in respect of any exports and have to accept free movement.

We have decided to have none of that, so rather than being a partner of the EU, like Norway and Switzerland, we have decided to become a competitor.

That is entirely our decision.

As for the second link to the Express., yep it is going to hurt the EU and will most definitely hurt the German Automobile Industry, but nowhere near as much as it is going to hurt the UK.

42% of our Exports go to the EU, 13% of EU Exports go to the UK.

Simple Maths, it is going to hurt us 3 times as much as it will them.

Leaving was the right thing to do, but any idea whatsoever that we will save money is a complete and utter fantasy.

It is going to hurt for years, how long is dependant upon our Politicians.
These 42% UK exports against 13% imports from EU are misleading. Out of the EU bloc we have a trade deficit with all but 5 countries. We are the EU's biggest single export market just ahead of USA, for instance our imports from Germany were £93 billion against £39 billion exports.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-06-2017, 07:13 PM

Out of interest, this sets out quite clearly the different Brexit options:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/822...n=Brexit_email
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
These 42% UK exports against 13% imports from EU are misleading. Out of the EU bloc we have a trade deficit with all but 5 countries. We are the EU's biggest single export market just ahead of USA, for instance our imports from Germany were £93 billion against £39 billion exports.
You STILL don't get this do you?

The UK is not the only country Germany trades with. The question is...what percentage of German exports go to the UK.
If you added up all the exports Germany sends to all its other trading partners the UK would be tiny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ers_of_Germany

and Germany won't stop selling to the UK. Just that you will be paying more for them compared to other EU countries.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top