Join for free
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 04:59 PM

Re: Yes, It's Great The Army Have Been Called In But What About The Rest Of Us?

Originally Posted by poohdog ->
Plastering the capital with soldiers to protect the corgis and the establishment won't make a blind bit of difference to us plebs.
Any nutter with a truck can wipe out dozens of innocents at a thousand locations countrywide.
poohdog, Thanks! This is what l was meaning!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Are you on drugs or just a prat?
Both.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Both.
Thanks for your vote of confidence, you really are beneath contempt.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 05:11 PM

City center plastered with plods today, some of them armed, they paraded about but in truth could do nothing to prevent an attack by someone willing to die. In fact they would be a red rag to one of these people determined to destroy symbols of power.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 05:12 PM

Yes, it's wonderful that the army has been called in to protect London and Manchester.. but what about the rest of us?
Are we, who live in different areas immune to terrorism or aren't we important enough?

That is exactly what I said Art .
Buck house and Downing st are ok but what about the us ?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 05:13 PM

They're in every major city I heard Art

Aidan says Liverpool centre is crawling with officers/soldiers with machine guns

He has two interviews in Manchester centre tomorrow as well. It doesn't half make you worry doesn't it?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 05:13 PM

Are you on drugs or just a prat?
Art really you have just made his day attention at at last
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Thanks for your vote of confidence, you really are beneath contempt.
Get off him then.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'm not sure I'd feel any safer surrounded by soldiers. I'd rather things were being observed secretly, then they could pounce on anyone suspicious without us feeling threatened.
I agree.

Putting soldiers on the streets is not going to help, in my opinion. The muslim terrorists will just move on and do the dirty somewhere else because, of course, they are basically cowards.

I think you have the right idea: to have a number of armed MI5 agents in the areas thought to be most at risk. I think this would be far more effective although, of course, perhaps not as reassuring to the general public.

In fact, I wonder whether the positioning of armed soldiers on the streets is more to do with making the public feel safer than an practical benefit.

Again, the 'mentally impaired' terrorist in Manchester was 'known to the authorities', according to the news. So why was he allowed to wander around in freedom carrying explosives?

Another news report states that his father has said that his son 'is innocent'. I'm not sure how he works that out, as he set off a bomb that killed himself as well as 22 innocent people. Perhaps his father is also 'mentally impaired'.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 05:19 PM

Yes, it's wonderful that the army has been called in to protect London and Manchester.. but what about the rest of us?
Are we, who live in different areas immune to terrorism or aren't we important enough?
Art

It doesn't matter how many soldiers they put on the street, it doesn't make anyone safer, although they might just feel safer. If a terrorist has a bomb under his clown suit, no amount of guns will stop him killing people in a crowd.

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top