Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 07:58 AM

Re: Outlander

I sing along using the wrong words .
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 09:12 AM

Sing me a song of a lass that is gone
Say, could that lass be I
Merry of soul she sailed on a day
Over the sea to Skye.

Mull was astern, Rum on the port
Eigg on the starboard bow
Glory of youth glowed in his soul
Where is that glory now.

First verse again.

Give me again all that was there
Give me the sun that shone
Give me the eyes, give me the soul
Give me the lad that's gone.

First verse again.

Billow and breeze, islands and seas
Mountains of rain and sun
All that was good, all that was fair
All that was me is gone.

First verse again.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I'm really enjoying it, I love the opening credits they are so right for the series. I think that version of "The Skye Boat Song". is terrific. Problem is.......I can't get the tune out of my head, it's whirling around all the time..
I love that song, always have since the first time we visited the Highlands and played it over and over in the car very loudly. I love it when the pipes kick in, very emotive.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 11:44 AM

Know just what you mean LD, it stirs me a bit too AND I'm Highland to the bone lol.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Know just what you mean LD, it stirs me a bit too AND I'm Highland to the bone lol.
I'm glad you said that Roxy. I was singing along to it last night (with the sub-titles on) and was wondering if those people born in the Highlands found it as stirring as us sassenachs, or do they see it as bit of a cliché?

I just love the Highlands and as I have said many times, Glencoe is one of my favourite places on Earth.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

21-07-2017, 05:30 PM

Some will, some won't find it stirring lol. I'm a daughter of the Jacobites one of the decendants of those who fought, so my dad drummed into me from a very early age.. he was always telling me Clan History..
I too love Glencoe, it's an erie place to drive through at dusk, especially if your the only car on the road....you should try it next time your there. You can almost see the ghosts of the MacDonalds who were slaughtered..

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 05:52 PM

These are the words I know

[Chorus:]
Speed, bonnie boat, like a bird on the wing,
Onward! the sailors cry;
Carry the lad that's born to be King
Over the sea to Skye.

Loud the winds howl, loud the waves roar,
Thunderclaps rend the air;
Baffled, our foes stand by the shore,
Follow they will not dare.

[Chorus]

Though the waves leap, soft shall ye sleep,
Ocean's a royal bed.
Rocked in the deep, Flora will keep
Watch by your weary head.

[Chorus]

Many's the lad fought on that day,
Well the claymore could wield,
When the night came, silently lay
Dead on Culloden's field.

[Chorus]

Burned are their homes, exile and death
Scatter the loyal men;
Yet ere the sword cool in the sheath
Charlie will come again.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 06:37 PM

I noticed in the opening sequences that on a castle windowsill, back in time, a black plastic digital watch was laid out. Obviously another traveller who also went back in time. I never saw it again, even though I looked out for it. Maybe it was just a one-off, or maybe each week the opening sequances featured something different that I never noticed.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

21-07-2017, 07:11 PM

Yes Muddy, Those are the words I used to know too. But I really like the new ones they fit the series well. Have been forging ahead with watching and am half way through season two now..
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

21-07-2017, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I noticed in the opening sequences that on a castle windowsill, back in time, a black plastic digital watch was laid out. Obviously another traveller who also went back in time. I never saw it again, even though I looked out for it. Maybe it was just a one-off, or maybe each week the opening sequances featured something different that I never noticed.
I never noticed that, will have to go back and look.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top