Join for free
Mrspurple
New Member!
West Yorkshire, UK
Mrspurple is female 

30-07-2017, 12:27 PM

winter break in Lanzarote

Hi wanting to have a week in February 2018 can anyone recommend a quiet place with golden beach good bars and restaurants but not somewhere full of drunken idiots lol
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 01:02 PM

Re: winter break in Lanzarote

Hi

Nope, do not like the place at all.

Fuerteventura is much better, no yobs and same price and climate, everything in walking distance and only 20 mins from the Airport.
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 01:22 PM

Sure i was in Lanzarote in February this year at the Grand Teguise Playa hotel in Teguise. google it. its a 4 star hotel so not cheap, but very very nice and refined, with a lovely lounge bar complete with a stream with lots of Carp in it and little bridges over it to the central revolving bar etc,,, I went all inclusive but you can get half board there....Teguise is a relaxed place about a 30 minute transfer from the Airport, with some nice shops in modern wide avenues, and I didn't see any bad behaviour at all..well apart from mine winks !
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 01:39 PM

We are off to Playa Blanca in October. Our favourite place to go during the winter months. This will be out 10th time at least and never have any problem with drunks, yobs, weather, or indeed anything else. Thoroughly recommended. In fact we actually considered moving there to live.
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 11:28 AM

Yes, I'd recommend Playa Blanca as well. It's a lovely little place and quite unlike the bigger resorts of Costa Teguise and Puerto del Carmen.

The only slight issue with Lanzarote is that it can be windy with the wind varying from a welcome, cooling breeze to the strong wind we had this year in May. It doesn't stop us going though.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top