Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 04:20 PM

Re: Online hate crime.

Some toff was just jailed for 12 weeks for stating on the internet that if anyone should accidentally run over with their car and kill Gina Miller he would give them£5k.

He was jailed and rightly so.

If someone wrote that I hope she is run over and killed...Should they be imprisoned as well?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 04:28 PM

It's not the thought police though is it? No one is saying you can't think what they are saying is people/bigots won't be free to spread their hatred via the internet... Comes down to if you can't say something nice say nothing.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Very few people are all bad perhaps look for a little more good yourself JBR. It really does make a person happier.
I can tell the difference between good and bad, I assure you.

Your problem seems to be that you see the good in people where it doesn't exist, as in muslim terrorists and muslim child rapists.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can tell the difference between good and bad, I assure you.

Your problem seems to be that you see the good in people where it doesn't exist, as in muslim terrorists and muslim child rapists.
Omg I've never said they are good in any way ! I really resent that you would accuse me of that !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We can still call Cameron a useless Plonker, that is an opinion, it is not offensive.

It would most certainly be considered offensive if you referred to Diane Abbott by her colour, it is not offensive to refer to her as a total and utter incompetent waste of space.

That is because the statements about Cameron and Abbott are both true.
The statement that Abbott is black is also true yet, for some reason, to say so would be considered offensive? I confess to being puzzled.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 04:36 PM

I just typed a long post then deleted it. I really can't be bothered any more.

All this bending over backwards is giving me a back ache.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The statement that Abbott is black is also true yet, for some reason, to say so would be considered offensive? I confess to being puzzled.
Hi

Her colour, race, sexual orientation etc is irrelevant to the fact that she is incompetent.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 04:57 PM

I'd say that's correct swim.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Her colour, race, sexual orientation etc is irrelevant to the fact that she is incompetent.
So if you wrote she is a fat BLACK incompetent bitch.

Should you be nicked...It might come to that.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 05:46 PM

I don't see how refering to a person's colour can be racist, it's the derogatory words along side it that makes it so.
Black people refer to themselves as black, we refer to ourselves as white etc.
You hear people described as black atheletes, comedians, actors etc.
If naming a person's colour or ethnicity becomes a crime how on Earth would you describe someone who mugged you etc?
The police would have to carry a palette of colours around and say, "point to the colour that is nearest to the mugger's appearance, but don't say it or we'll have to arrest you!"

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top