Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 07:21 PM

Re: Online hate crime.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
What's the meaning of the term snowflake? I keep forgetting.
It's a little white thing that falls from the sky, usually in the winter but can also happen at any time, even in the summer.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It's a little white thing that falls from the sky, usually in the winter but can also happen at any time, even in the summer.
Hi

Dandruff?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Dandruff?
Not quite the same. They fall from your head, especially when you shake it. They can even happen indoors, unlike snowflakes.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 07:46 PM

So you have a grudge against inclement weather and/or dead skin cells?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 12:24 AM

I hope this new law will end the vile online attacks on the McCann family .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...top-abuse.html
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 12:07 PM

The article refers to the McCann's own website. I'm not sure how the law would interpret what many people feel to be justified criticism of the McCanns. That is the problem with trying to legislate on opinions - how do you distinguish between fair comment and malicious trolling?
In a way, the McCanns have made themselves targets by what might be construed as their constant "trolling" for sympathy without really acknowledging their own responsibility for what happened.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
What's the meaning of the term snowflake? I keep forgetting.
''Generation Snowflake, or Snowflake Generation, is a neologistic term used to characterize the young adults of the 2010s as being more prone to taking offence and less resilient than previous generations, or as being too emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge their own.''
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
The article refers to the McCann's own website. I'm not sure how the law would interpret what many people feel to be justified criticism of the McCanns. That is the problem with trying to legislate on opinions - how do you distinguish between fair comment and malicious trolling?
In a way, the McCanns have made themselves targets by what might be construed as their constant "trolling" for sympathy without really acknowledging their own responsibility for what happened.
I don't think that anyone sets themselves up for hatred .
They have IMO never trolled for sympathy just for help and have kept their child in the headlines.
That's all they can do .
I really think that those who hound these people are completely deranged .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Good point, thing is children have gone missing before and since and haven't had the publicity this couple did. I'm not saying they deserve it but I can see why people do it.

Even now appealing for more cash, that actually took my breath away the other day
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

24-08-2017, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don't think that anyone sets themselves up for hatred .
They have IMO never trolled for sympathy just for help and have kept their child in the headlines.
That's all they can do .
I really think that those who hound these people are completely deranged .
I agree.

Whilst I agree with the criticisms of their irresponsibility of leaving their children alone when they went out for the evening, I also feel sorry for them that their young child has been kidnapped, and even more that the authorities appear not to have pulled out all the stops to recover the child.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top