Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 10:25 PM

Re: Let your MP know what you think

As I expected. No-one seems to be interested.

I confess to feeling a bit of a fool, having been the only one to write to my MP!

I'll think twice next time!
Freespirit
Dorset, UK
Freespirit is female  Freespirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
As I expected. No-one seems to be interested.

I confess to feeling a bit of a fool, having been the only one to write to my MP!

I'll think twice next time!
Don't lose heart JBR, good on you. I am in the process of writing a letter, personally addressed to all 650 MPs including Mrs May. Telling them what a shambles they are making and how they should be ashamed of themselves.

When I finish the letter, I have got to remember how to do a mail shot to address them individually. I have only used a mailshot process once many years ago but I will work it out somehow, if not, I will manully address them, that will be fun.

Then I will be asking a MP (not sure which MP) to take them up to Westminster and deliver for me. I will let you know how many replies I get.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Freespirit ->
Don't lose heart JBR, good on you. I am in the process of writing a letter, personally addressed to all 650 MPs including Mrs May. Telling them what a shambles they are making and how they should be ashamed of themselves.

When I finish the letter, I have got to remember how to do a mail shot to address them individually. I have only used a mailshot process once many years ago but I will work it out somehow, if not, I will manully address them, that will be fun.

Then I will be asking a MP (not sure which MP) to take them up to Westminster and deliver for me. I will let you know how many replies I get.
No, that wasn't what Twink suggested. Look back at the OP. She wanted us all - or at least as many would agree - to write individually to each of our MPs to see how many would respond and, for those who did, what their responses would be.

With respect, your telling them what a shambles they are making, whether true or not, is not going to achieve anything let alone what Twink originally intended.

Personally, I had a positive response from my MP.

Anyway, I am certainly not going to take any more responsibility for this thread.
Freespirit
Dorset, UK
Freespirit is female  Freespirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
No, that wasn't what Twink suggested. Look back at the OP. She wanted us all - or at least as many would agree - to write individually to each of our MPs to see how many would respond and, for those who did, what their responses would be.

With respect, your telling them what a shambles they are making, whether true or not, is not going to achieve anything let alone what Twink originally intended.

Personally, I had a positive response from my MP.

Anyway, I am certainly not going to take any more responsibility for this thread.

I didn't join in with the letter writing group on here because I had already planned my letter and have quite a few issues I wish to raise with them. As I said, I am sending it to all MPs.

I found a letter to Theresa May you may be interested in, signed by several MPs and members of the 'LeavemeansLeave' group.

http://www.leavemeansleave.eu/category/news/

They are asking her for answers to several questions with ref to her Florence speech. Worth a read.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top