Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 08:51 AM

Mobile phones, the cost.

Hi

Carphone Warehouse have issued a profit warning, roaming charges have been banned by the EU, which is hitting their profits.

The other interesting thing is that mobile users are not upgrading as often due to the cost.

I was shocked to see the cost of new models, almost a £1000 to buy without a contract.

I have a perfectly good Taiwanese job, large screen 32gb , 4G etc which cost me £70.

Are you a must have iPhone fanatic?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 08:59 AM

Re: Mobile phones, the cost.

I have abandoned my ancient £10 Nokia which I have had for years in favour of a Doro with large easy to see letters and a clear tone (though I only really use it for texts).
I anticipate using it until it breaks.

'Smart phones' and the latest fashion in phones has passed me by.
My limited income is reserved for more pressing things .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have abandoned my ancient £10 Nokia which I have had for years in favour of a Doro with large easy to see letters and a clear tone (though I only really use it for texts).
I anticipate using it until it breaks.

'Smart phones' and the latest fashion in phones has passed me by.
My limited income is reserved for more pressing things .
Hi

Never heard of them Meg.

Just had a look and they get very good reviews and are very cheap.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Never heard of them Meg.

Just had a look and they get very good reviews and are very cheap.
....I have the very basic one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Doro-5030-S...&keywords=doro

It has an emergency button on the back which can be pressed to get assistance too (if I can actually find the phone)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 10:03 AM

Cubot the new boys on the market are our chosen handsets at the moment, cheap cheerful do everything we want. I paid £50 for mine, £62 for my husbands, Jordan saw us using them and decided they were cool enough for him so he got one too £64 and Grace has same as me.

Calling them a fashion item rather misses the fact many of us have our lives in our phones these days, for it to be a passing fashion they'd have to come up with something amazing to replace them.

A device that can be
A calculator
Link to printer
Do my tesco shopping each week
Make me laugh Pinterest
Keep my notes and lists
Kindle reading app
Email
Magnifying glass
Various other shopping apps
Maps
Newspapers
Torch
Radio stations
Tv stations
Weather forecaster
Contact lists
Camera
Game console
Audio book app
Clock
Text
Phone
Alarm clock
Timer

One thing to replace all them !
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 10:09 AM

I have a Vodafone mobile , cost £65 , I pay £8.50 per month have unlimited texts and 5 hrs of talk time which I rarely use . I refuse to use data , it's permanently off , I use my WiFi . I don't understand why people pay hundreds of £ a month .
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 10:12 AM

I've got a Doro as well. I bought the midnight blue flip phone as I was fed up with my old phone making calls if I forgot to lock it when it was in my pocket. My landline walkabout phone broke a few months back so I just rely on the mobile now.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 11:48 AM

I've got a Samsung.

No contract, just PAYG. That does me fine.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 11:49 AM

That's what matters just getting what suits you and we all use them differently so one size can't fit all.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 12:02 PM

My son gave me an old Samsung galaxy he no longer wanted which was an all singing and dancing smartphone but it stopped working after a month.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top