Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 12:20 AM

Re: Victoria

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Love the series but disappointed that they felt the need to make firm assumptions about albert's parentage in tonight's episode. It's not something that is exactly a historical fact but speculation at the time, a bit like rumours about harry now. I guess it made the episode more meaty but was it necessary?
I couldnt believe what i had heard ,and thought its not something i can remember reading about .But then Uncle did say he couldnt be sure he was father didnt he? so it wasnt a firm assumption ,
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 01:56 PM

Love the series but disappointed that they felt the need to make firm assumptions about albert's parentage in tonight's episode. It's not something that is exactly a historical fact but speculation at the time, a bit like rumours about harry now. I guess it made the episode more meaty but was it necessary?
On watching it I did wonder if that happened in real life. I don't remember anything about it when I did history. I guess it did make the series more interesting though. No DNA testing then.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 02:25 PM

The reason I found it distasteful is that both the Queen and Prince Philip are direct descendants of Victoria and Albert.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 03:17 PM

I expect there is no secrets in the Royal household , and they have been jumping in and out of bed all of the Royal time with who ever they pleased .
Its part and parcel , expect theres more goings on now that we dont know about .
It did take me by surprise ,but after all the years thats passed I dont suppose it hurt the Queen and Prince Philip in anyway .
Theres worse things thats happened. But thats another era ..
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 07:13 PM

The reason I found it distasteful is that both the Queen and Prince Philip are direct descendants of Victoria and Albert.
Seeing that both of the above have skins like rhinos I doubt it will trouble them .
Mummiemoo63
New Member!
Portsmouth UK
Mummiemoo63 is female 

27-09-2017, 10:06 AM

Brilliant series, I watched the first one too. Everything stops on a Sunday night when that's on.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 11:04 PM

Excellent episode of Victoria today. It's the first time I've seen a British drama address the Irish potato famine. It was a very personal portrayal as Dr Robert Traill was a distant relative of the writer of the series, Daisy Goodwin.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 11:20 PM

Queen Victoria had to deal with a lot of patronizing but it seems that she could hold her own in any argument.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 12:35 AM

Excellent episode of Victoria today. It's the first time I've seen a British drama address the Irish potato famine. It was a very personal portrayal as Dr Robert Traill was a distant relative of the writer of the series, Daisy Goodwin.
How sad that he died of famine fever ( typhoid ) .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 10:50 PM

Just watching tonight's episode of Victoria, it occurred to me to question whether this programme is about the life of Queen Victoria or a couple of homosexual men kissing each other.

Shades of Coronation Street.

Still, I suppose homosexuality is trendy these days, at least amongst arty-farty television producers.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top