Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 05:52 AM

Steam Irons

Hi

Sabrina normally does my ironing, she is away at the moment.

I have a Bosch Steam Generator and yesterday it conked, fuses etc OK, so need a new iron.

I do not fancy forking out £200 for a new one.

Any ideas. preferably an intelligent one, one of those which automatically adjusts it's temperature to the fabric.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 09:16 AM

Re: Steam Irons

If you forked out the money for the old one why not for a replacement?

I'm a great fan of Bosch. I have their steam iron - not like yours - just an ordinary steam iron - it's very good though. I also have Bosch ovens and washing machine.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 10:28 AM

£200 for an iron, Swims???
You must be bonkers.

If I had a sparer couple of hundred, I'n blowed if it would enter my head to get a steam iron with it.

Why not just get a decent, but less expensive iron? At least then if it conks out it is not so painful!
Anyway, why do you need one with automatic temperature adjuster? It is simple enough to turn the thermostat to there you want it surely?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 10:37 AM

Someone I know bought a new iron, he rang up the shop where he bought it to complain there was a vital part missing.
When I asked what it was he said, "A woman"!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 10:47 AM

Mr M just manages with an ordinary steam iron. He's fantastic with an iron so I don't like to pester him and just leave him to get on with it.

ps. He sacked me when I, sadly, singed one of his shirts back in 1979.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Mr M just manages with an ordinary steam iron. He's fantastic with an iron so I don't like to pester him and just leave him to get on with it.

ps. He sacked me when I, sadly, singed one of his shirts back in 1979.

Perfectly understandable Mort. It must be very difficult holding the iron with your trotters.

And anyway, when I was married, I wish I had thought of singing his best shirt to get sacked.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 11:08 AM

Not that I iron anything but my kids do so, for when they stay, I keep a steam iron in the house.

It cost me $17 (£9) is made in China has things like steam spray, mist etc seems to work excellently (I mean it's an iron - how hard can that be?).

I suppose it was expensive compared to my electric jug and toaster which were $9 each but you have to wonder how they make it for that price.

If you paid £200 then you would expect it to be gold plated and do the ironing by itself.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 11:31 AM

Theres no way on this earth I would be spending £200 on a measly old steam iron...whats wrong with a twenty quid one? It does the same job (gets creases out)
You must have money to burn!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 11:56 AM

Hi

I didn't know I had spent that much on an Iron, the ex bought it just before she left and used my card.

I kept the iron.

I am not an ironing type of person and I do like the fact that I can iron just on one setting when I have to iron.

I have no idea about irons at all and I was hoping for some advice abut one which actually works, there are so many around.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 12:44 PM

Had to check what sort of iron we have I am not that familiar with it
It's Russel Hobbs steam iron I chose it because it is light to handle .
Cost about £20 as I recall.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top