Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 09:39 AM

Mud hut couple

This couple have been told to demolish their house by the council .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bNLeAZ...ature=youtu.be

They are not doing any harm and they own the land what do you think ?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 09:56 AM

Re: Mud hut couple

This couple were in the news earlier this year if I remember correctly.

I notice there is no mention of hygiene facilities, i.e. toilet, bathing, etc, so I suppose it's possible this could have some bearing on the Council's decision.
They also must have access to electricity etc, the man was using a laptop and that would need the battery charging, which would require electricity. I also wonder what they do with household waste.

As you say it is their land but even so I suppose there are requirements regarding health and safety etc etc, so I don't know, I think with all the rules and regulations these days it could all be very complicated.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 09:57 AM

What a lovely couple . Why are they being told to demolish their home . It's their land .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 10:27 AM

So much for the council's housing programme - let's knock them down instead.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
This couple were in the news earlier this year if I remember correctly.

I notice there is no mention of hygiene facilities, i.e. toilet, bathing, etc, so I suppose it's possible this could have some bearing on the Council's decision.
They also must have access to electricity etc, the man was using a laptop and that would need the battery charging, which would require electricity. I also wonder what they do with household waste.

As you say it is their land but even so I suppose there are requirements regarding health and safety etc etc, so I don't know, I think with all the rules and regulations these days it could all be very complicated.
Gosh that is exactly what Mr M has just said .
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Gosh that is exactly what Mr M has just said .
Mr M can obviously read between the lines too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 11:10 AM

Elf 'n' safety will obviously be behind their decision but what the council don't seem to get is that they have lived there for quite a while now and they are not dead. Plus, she has allergies connected to living in a town which was the whole reason they did it in the first place.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This couple have been told to demolish their house by the council .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bNLeAZ...ature=youtu.be

They are not doing any harm and they own the land what do you think ?
What a ghastly mess for which no doubt they don't have planning permission, I am with the council on this one.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

29-08-2017, 11:13 AM

It's true I don't live in a town but I'm allergic to my neighbour his family and their six cars I need to move .
I wouldn't mind a mud hut as long as it had sufficient heating but couldn't live without a bathroom.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

29-08-2017, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Elf 'n' safety will obviously be behind their decision but what the council don't seem to get is that they have lived there for quite a while now and they are not dead. Plus, she has allergies connected to living in a town which was the whole reason they did it in the first place.
I didn't say it was right or wrong, just suggestions as to why the Council want it removed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top