Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 10:57 AM

Re: Pleadings of TM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Ban the Freemasons as well.
Most assuredly!!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Western religion is becoming an endangered superstition
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4rnAwQgEB

Yes, I have seen that article.

I don't believe in any supernatural being, but what I do believe is that eventually there will be no religion. With no concrete evidence for a supernatural being, people will finally realise that they have no need for a god or a religion.

They will have grown out of their perceived reliance on an imaginary being who runs their lives, and will have learnt to stand on their own two feet.

Churches, or more likely large cathedrals will hopefully remain as a reminder of history and, hopefully, remain as buildings for other uses: musical performances (especially the organ!), meeting rooms, even restaurants.

The last religion to go, of course, will be islam, as that is the most backward of them all. However, I believe that even they will eventually realise that there is no sky fairy and that they have been had, especially with the very harsh restrictions they have imposed upon themselves.

I suspect there may remain some small isolated communities where they, or their leader, have convinced themselves that there is still some invisible being listening to them. But I think that they will have no influence on the vast majority of people.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 12:23 PM

I can't agree with that I think as time goes on more will return to religions but on more individual ways, embracing a less organised approach to faith.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top