Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 03:39 PM

The Cliff Edge

Hi

I am a committed Leaver.

I am also a Technocrat, I know what has to be done.

I do not want to give the EU a penny more than we have to.

My concerns are not with leaving, but with ineptitude.

We have got ourselves in a mess, which I am extremely annoyed about.

The link is a long read, but explains my concerns.

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2016...n-deep-trouble

Liam is a party animal, if Brexit came to a drinking Competition between Liam and Juncker, we would win hands down.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ipped-May.html
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 03:45 PM

Re: The Cliff Edge

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 05:44 PM

Not to worry Swimfeeders because there's no way they will ever really let us out of the control of the EU. BrExit is going to be fudged, if not completely overturned. They are just biding time to concoct the best way to present that totalitarian outcome to the populous in a way that minimise public revolt.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Not to worry Swimfeeders because there's no way they will ever really let us out of the control of the EU. BrExit is going to be fudged, if not completely overturned. They are just biding time to concoct the best way to present that totalitarian outcome to the populous in a way that minimise public revolt.
Hi

I am concerned, very concerned.

I want out, I really do.

I do not want to pay the EU a penny more than what we have legally signed up to.

We are talking tens of £Billions of giveaways simply because our Government wanted to do this on the cheap and have not invested a few £100 million in getting ready.

It offends me.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 08:28 AM

I'm a fan of butch Cassidy and the sun dance kid, my vote goes for holding hands and jumping off that cliff. It can't be worse than allowing eu to rule us forever.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

04-09-2017, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm a fan of butch Cassidy and the sun dance kid, my vote goes for holding hands and jumping off that cliff. It can't be worse than allowing eu to rule us forever.
Hi

At the present moment in time Austerity is saving us £20 Billion a year.

The Interest Rates we pay on our National Debt have already gone up by £18 Billion a year.

Leaving and having to pay the EU a fortune for a Transition Deal will mean more Austerity.

We are not just leaving the EU, we are leaving every Free Trade Deal we have and with nothing in place.

Leaving is not an issue for me, leaving and costing us a fortune is.

Austerity is £20 Billion a year.

We are already £38 Billion a year worse off with Interest Payments and the Banks Leaving.

If we do not a deal on Services by November, the Insurers will start leaving.

Another few £Billion in tax that we lose.

The Cliff Edge is worse and we are still plodding ahead doing nothing to avoid it.

Government incompetence is turning a victory into a disaster.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

At the present moment in time Austerity is saving us £20 Billion a year.

The Interest Rates we pay on our National Debt have already gone up by £18 Billion a year.

Leaving and having to pay the EU a fortune for a Transition Deal will mean more Austerity.

We are not just leaving the EU, we are leaving every Free Trade Deal we have and with nothing in place.

Leaving is not an issue for me, leaving and costing us a fortune is.
I've listened to you I promise but I've also listened to others business men and women who are less worried about wto and leaving the Eu with no deal in place. They made sense as you made sense.

So I'm pretty confused and when I'm confused I tend to act decisively so for me jumping off is my choice. Mainly because I don't trust those at the top I think if we don't do it straight away we won't be allowed to leave at all. They will use your reasoning and we will end up going no where as they tie us into some interim deal a transitional deal that lasts forever.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top