Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 01:46 PM

Re: Treason!

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Ooo can we have a revolution?
I can watch with my knitting!
Ahem your top on the list.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I feel a bit sorry for her she had to take on a job Cameron set up and ran from, then pro Eu people all came out the woodwork trying to stop her. Many delays and the pigs ear aren't of her doing IMO
Hi

She became PM, she knew we were not ready to leave.

She had all the information at her fingertips.

She decided to take absolutely no notice at all and instead named a date she knew she could not meet and told the EU we will leave with no deal if they did not give us what we wanted.

She refused to properly fund the work we needed to do and then wasted more time calling an election.

The EU just sat back and waited, knowing full well we could not leave on the date.

She then threatened the EU again, no deal unless we got what we wanted, at the start of the negotiations.

The EU did not budge at all.

We are now asking them if they will give us a minimum of a two year Transition Period and they are making us pay.

We are already in a position where not only are we not saving any money, the EU has taken the banking off us, but they are insisting we pay Billions for our Transition Period.

Theresa May is still trumpeting that we will leave on 31st March 2019, in reality, whatever she says, nothing much will change on that date, apart from the fact that the UK will be £Billions a year worse off.

All of this mess could have been avoided if she had shown a modicum of common sense.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

She became PM, she knew we were not ready to leave.

She had all the information at her fingertips.

She decided to take absolutely no notice at all and instead named a date she knew she could not meet and told the EU we will leave with no deal if they did not give us what we wanted.

She refused to properly fund the work we needed to do and then wasted more time calling an election.

The EU just sat back and waited, knowing full well we could not leave on the date.

She then threatened the EU again, no deal unless we got what we wanted, at the start of the negotiations.

The EU did not budge at all.

We are now asking them if they will give us a minimum of a two year Transition Period and they are making us pay.

We are already in a position where not only are we not saving any money, the EU has taken the banking off us, but they are insisting we pay Billions for our Transition Period.

Theresa May is still trumpeting that we will leave on 31st March 2019, in reality, whatever she says, nothing much will change on that date, apart from the fact that the UK will be £Billions a year worse off.

All of this mess could have been avoided if she had shown a modicum of common sense.
Swimmy, I am reserving a smack on the bottom for you too!! I have heard nothing but moans and groans from you regarding the battle TM and her government have taken on over Brexit. I appreciate you voted out, so why won't you show a little faith in our negotiating team instead of continually pointing out only the negatives.. Stop being so downbeat about it, you only give succour to those that are deserving of being kicked out of this country, never mind representing it. (Love you really! )
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 05:11 PM

Or Cameron had followed through after he gave us a choice, he should have had two plans ready before he asked the question.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Ooo can we have a revolution?
I can watch with my knitting!
Can you imagine the scene today?...20,000 hands stuck up in the air around the guillotine grasping their camera phones...Not a knitted jumper in sight
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 05:33 PM

Lol I like traditions I think I'll just knit
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Swimmy, I am reserving a smack on the bottom for you too!! I have heard nothing but moans and groans from you regarding the battle TM and her government have taken on over Brexit. I appreciate you voted out, so why won't you show a little faith in our negotiating team instead of continually pointing out only the negatives.. Stop being so downbeat about it, you only give succour to those that are deserving of being kicked out of this country, never mind representing it. (Love you really! )
Hi

It is not a matter of not having faith in the decision to leave, which I still fully support.

It is a matter of missed opportunities due to Political incompetence.

We are still cutting Border Control, the most recent thing being the UK abolishing Landing Cards.

When I started work we inspected every HGV and container arriving, now we do not.

I find this bizarre if we are to bring back control of our Borders.

There is an assumption that Government Employees are Remainers, not all are, many of my ex colleagues, like myself, voted to leave.

We know what needs to be done, not only on Immigration, but also on Customs and Tariffs.

We want Brexit to be good for the UK and trust me on this, we do not want the UK to pay a penny more than we have to to Juncker and Co.

I will admit that I am a boring git, focused solely on the things we need to do to make a success of leaving.

I am, like many of Ex Colleagues, totally disgusted with the fact that we are now having to ask the EU for a transition period.

We could have delayed Article 50 for a year, to the end of the 7 year EU Budget cycle, which we signed up for, and left with everything in place, not owing them a penny.

We would have then have had all the systems in place to collect every penny in Tariffs from the EU and have had agreement with all our Trade Agreements we have as part of the EU.

A win, win for the UK.

The boot would then have been on the other foot in the negotiations with the EU.

Up yours Juncker and Co, take it or leave it.

It is the Yorkshire in me, I object to paying the EU a penny.

I want to win this, not lose it.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 10:14 PM

Boring old git you never are Swimmy! hope you didn't take offence at my tongue-in-cheek remarks. I appreciate that you are a font of knowledge when it comes to Brexit and you batted for leaving.

I guess I am just fed up like many others who voted to leave. It particularly ticks me off the way all these bemoaners, every single day since, continue to crawl out of the woodwork to put Brexit down at every opportunity.
It's been 15 months since our vote to leave, yet these cockroaches still plot for us to remain in the EU. It seems to be a continual onslaught on the democratic will of the people.

I find it hard to believe just how many of the elite are completely unconcerned and quite prepared to betray the will of the British people, sacrificing any shred of honour they may once have had, in order to be able to sit at the feet of that undemocratic organisation that is slowly sucking all powers away from other EU countries. To be honest with you, I feel as though this country has been split in two. How those goons in the EU must be laughing their heads off at us.

I will continue to have faith in our negotiating team until and unless we are informed that we have failed to get a good deal for Britain. And if we walk away, so be it. ANYTHING is better than being under the boot of Bernier, Juncker, Merkle and co.

Goodnight all

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top