Join for free
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 11:29 AM

Re: No Deal is better than a Bad Deal.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
There is the crux of the matter: we can do whatever we want. How we ever signed that away I cannot understand. It was like Clement Attlee signing away our freedom to Hitler. Thank God more sensible minds prevailed then.

And Nigel Farage. I am sure that, although he comes in for a great deal of unfounded criticism and derision these days, I believe that in the future, hopefully even within my lifetime, wise counsels will prevail and people will at last see that he was instrumental in obtaining our independence once again. No wonder he has chosen to look for pastures new, when the people he has been fighting for have turned their backs on him. We don't deserve him.

As per usual, you've got your historical knickers in a twist again. Clem Attlee didn't become Prime Minister until AFTER Hitler snuffed it. Your analogy would make a lot more sense had you used that old war-monger Churchill!!!

As for forage, the further he stays away from the uk the better I shall like it - he's an evil little fascist toerag!!!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
As per usual, you've got your historical knickers in a twist again. Clem Attlee didn't become Prime Minister until AFTER Hitler snuffed it. Your analogy would make a lot more sense had you used that old war-monger Churchill!!!

As for forage, the further he stays away from the uk the better I shall like it - he's an evil little fascist toerag!!!
Well, even though Neville Chamberlain was all for appeasement before the war, he actually helped us in that it gave us an extra year to prepare for what was inevitable - War with Germany.

As for your comments regarding Churchill? I think you already know what most would think of your remarks.

Nigel? Love him or hate him. I, along with millions of other Leavers, will be forever grateful to him for forcing the cowards we had in government at the time to be so arrogant, reckless and confident enough to believe that we all loved being trodden on by unelected suits and do what the people of this country had waited for the chance to do for years - hold a Referendum on the EU.

God bless him for that alone.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 12:26 PM

Hi

The current insistence of the EU in dictating what happens to the Irish Border is a glorious example of why we needed to leave.

It is absolutely no business of theirs at all.

It is a decision to be made by two Sovereign Countries, the UK and Ireland, not by Merkel and Juncker.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Well, even though Neville Chamberlain was all for appeasement before the war, he actually helped us in that it gave us an extra year to prepare for what was inevitable - War with Germany.
That was also Stalin's excuse for siding with Hitler in the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact....

As Shirer writes "Germany was in no position to go to war on Oct 1, 1938 against Czechoslovakia and France and Britain, not to mention Russia. Had she done so she would have been quickly and easily defeated and that would have been the end of Hitler and the Third Reich."

"as Churchill, backed up by every serious Allied military historian has written, "The year's breathing space said to be 'gained' by Munich left Britain and France in a much worse position compared to Hitler's Germany than they had been at the Munich crisis""

The policy of appeasement re Czechoslovakia gave Hitler space to build up his own army.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->

I apologise. I stand corrected; I meant to say Neville Chamberlain.

And before you say it, I know he didn't sign away our freedom. I implied that he would have signed away our freedom by accepting that bit of paper he waved about. Fortunately, wiser counsels prevailed and we declared war on Germany...

...in a similar way to what we should do to the EU/Germany in the face of their current threats.

On what evidence do you accuse Farage of being evil?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 02:11 PM

He signed away Poland and Czechoslovakia's freedom and the freedom of the entire post WWII soviet bloc. Just like our freedom to live as we have been used to is going to be lost due to Brexit by another British leader signing off our rights and the result of Cameron being too weak to deal with his own party infighting in bringing this situation about in the first place. All being sold as a good thing to the public. Biggest con in history....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
He signed away Poland and Czechoslovakia's freedom and the freedom of the entire post WWII soviet bloc. Just like our freedom to live as we have been used to is going to be lost due to Brexit
Now I'm the one laughing!

Do you really think that being in the EU makes us free?

We are subject to rule by unelected foreigners who are in it for their own benefit only, and anyone who has been following our negotiations must have seen what the dictators of Brussels are really like. They are not pleasant.

Of course it is your right to protest against a democratic decision if you want to. You're certainly not the only one.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 02:47 PM

Hi

Leaving the EU will have consequences for the UK.

It is how we deal with those consequences which determines the success or failure of Brexit.

We need to replace the loss of the Single Market with new trade deals as soon as practicable.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-09-2017, 02:55 PM

We cannot do trade deals because we are desperately short of skilled negotiators. That's why we've said no to countries who have approached us.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-09-2017, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Now I'm the one laughing!

Do you really think that being in the EU makes us free?

We are subject to rule by unelected foreigners who are in it for their own benefit only, and anyone who has been following our negotiations must have seen what the dictators of Brussels are really like. They are not pleasant.

Of course it is your right to protest against a democratic decision if you want to. You're certainly not the only one.
You think leaving is going to make us free? That's the joke. We won't be able to travel, work or live in the EU countries we have access to now. Our businesses won't be able to trade without an elaborate trade agreement that's going to take years to sort. Our hands are going to be far more tied than anything we see now. We will have to deal with the same officialdom because we won't stop trading with the EU, they just won't be as friendly as they are now.

The view this was a democratic decision is piffle. The leave voters didn't know what they were voting for (there was no plan B) and now nobody can agree on what the referendum was all about so we are in a shambles. You ask ten leave voters what they were voting for and you will get twenty different answers. You ask ten remain voters and you will get one answer.

Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top