Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2017, 09:36 AM

Re: Reliable mouse?

Originally Posted by Brian 8451 ->
Hi JBR,
just wondering if your mouse software needs updating I have used Logitech for years and have something called Logitech Options sitting on my desktop and have just used it after reading your post and a small update came through.
Brian.
Thanks, but no, I updated my software recently and it has made no difference. My wife does the same.

I am sure it is the microswitch; it is exactly the same problem on all three mice we have. The right button doesn't have the same problem, no doubt because it is used far less often.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2017, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
They didn't want the old one back, so I took it apart and sprayed a little WD40 on the microswitch. It works properly again! I'll do the same with my wife's
We used a switch cleaner/lubricant type of fluid (Electrolube -
still available) that would breathe more life into switch contacts and carbon tracks. I suppose WD.40 might have some of the same properties,
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 03:45 PM

I have done the same trick with my wife's mouse (WD40) and it now works well.

Anyone with a similar microswitch problem, I shall be happy to perform the same repair at a reasonable charge. Postage paid by customer, of course.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top