Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 09:21 PM

Re: Ryanair Cancelling Flights

Never flown with them but the owner is blase about customer relations on the bases that give them a cheap alternative airline and you can't go wrong.

He is as infamous as Gerald Ratner for his contempt for customers. Famous QUOTES

I can't understand why it is happening this year, what happened last yea, and all the previous years ?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 09:31 PM

Even at 1p a flight , we refuse point blank to fly with them

We have good reason, long story short, in one hand they sold DH a flight and two minutes later refused his boarding because his ID was a driving licience

Now I know now they don't or didn't accept driving licences for internal flights, at that time he did not, airports were closing all over the uk because of the weather and Ryanair was his only chance to fly into a seaport. Wasn't until he counted out his £180 and the ticket issued was he told he had no id so couldn't board. When asking for a refund he was told "tough, read the t&cs and no point in complaining as the phone line is £6 a minute and you will get no where "
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Even at 1p a flight , we refuse point blank to fly with them

We have good reason, long story short, in one hand they sold DH a flight and two minutes later refused his boarding because his ID was a driving licience

Now I know now they don't or didn't accept driving licences for internal flights, at that time he did not, airports were closing all over the uk because of the weather and Ryanair was his only chance to fly into a seaport. Wasn't until he counted out his £180 and the ticket issued was he told he had no id so couldn't board. When asking for a refund he was told "tough, read the t&cs and no point in complaining as the phone line is £6 a minute and you will get no where "

Missy darlin' a few years ago I flew from Gatwick via EasyJet to Belfast using my Buspass as ID - no problem whatsoever!!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 09:43 AM

I really can't believe that the problem is down to shift patterns. Surely they use computers? I believe it's because of the number of staff leaving the company. People that booked tickets just four days ago are having their flights cancelled.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Missy darlin' a few years ago I flew from Gatwick via EasyJet to Belfast using my Buspass as ID - no problem whatsoever!!!

Yes and we do that on Aer Lingus as well as BA , BMI, and every other airline. All except Ryanair

Can't mind the last time I travelled on my passport back and forth. For the grandkids they don't ask for anything although it's prudent to have birth certificates JIC
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2017, 06:00 PM

I flew with them for the first ( and last ) time this year.
It's was awful the flight was delayed for hours but in retrospect at least at the end one turned up!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2017, 08:21 PM

My daughter and her husband have not had a holiday for two years, but had planned to go and stay in the South of France with her father (my ex) next week for ten days. As the only airline going anywhere near where he lives they were going to book with Ryanair, but given the present circumstances they cant take the chance they wont get back, so they have decided not to go. Yet again, no holiday for them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2017, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Ryanair - aren't they the company whose 'planes still have outside loos?
No, that's Yorkshire Airlines. Have you not seen the YouTube video?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2017, 09:18 PM

I heard that O'Leary was refusing to honour Civil Aviation/EU rules about compensation.

That's until now, when legal action has been threatened and the ba$tard has backed down.

I hope his poxy airline goes bankrupt.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top