Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 09:39 AM

Re: My Landline

Poink him Mups!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Poink him Mups!

Good idea.

Even if it was not him, an almighty poink won't go amiss for all the stress anyway.

BTW, I keep forgetting to ask you, do we need Poinker Refresher Courses, or should our skills last for eternity?
Also, should I over use my poinker and it gets damaged, do you supply new ones please?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 12:24 PM

Your poinking skills should last a lifetime, just remember, "brace, flex and poink straight and true"!
If you should suffer any poinker damage I'm afraid surgery is the only option.
I doubt if the NHS would cover it, especially if you over use it to excess.
Ration your poinks Mups, only use them in times of extreme ire or frustration and rest your poinker in between. You only have so many poinks you know!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 12:46 PM

There should be an indicator icon on the phone's screen to show the battery charge level. Your problem could be a poor contact with the batteries.

On the odd occasion when our phone battery appears to be low, I have taken out the rechargeable batteries, cleaned the terminals on them and replaced them. They then appear to be fully charged again.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 01:19 PM

Your poinking skills should last a lifetime, just remember, "brace, flex and poink straight and true"!
Ration your poinks Mups, only use them in times of extreme ire or frustration and rest your poinker in between. You only have so many poinks you know!
Love it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 02:13 PM

Thank you for your sensible advice.
I shall no longer go about poinking at leisure, I must ration myself a little more, and I must also remember to recharge it in between sessions.
Many thanks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

20-09-2017, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
There should be an indicator icon on the phone's screen to show the battery charge level. Your problem could be a poor contact with the batteries.

On the odd occasion when our phone battery appears to be low, I have taken out the rechargeable batteries, cleaned the terminals on them and replaced them. They then appear to be fully charged again.

Thank you JBR.
The battery indicator shows the charge is only one 'notch' off being fully charged, so it can't be that. Also it can't be my phone wires or anything like that, because the second hand set works perfectly.

I have just been out and bought some new batteries to try in case that makes any difference.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thank you JBR.
The battery indicator shows the charge is only one 'notch' off being fully charged, so it can't be that. Also it can't be my phone wires or anything like that, because the second hand set works perfectly.

I have just been out and bought some new batteries to try in case that makes any difference.
Regardless of the battery charge indicator, did you clean the battery terminals?
Try it. It can make a big difference.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

20-09-2017, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Regardless of the battery charge indicator, did you clean the battery terminals?
Try it. It can make a big difference.
OK, I will try that after tea when the decorator has gone home out the way. Thank you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

20-09-2017, 10:33 PM

JBR, what do you clean battery terminals with?

I put some new batteries in tonight as a last resort - RESULT.
Fancy that, that is what it must have been, but what I don't understand is why did the handset face showed the batteries were almost fully charged?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top