Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 03:27 PM

computer part replacement

These are the USB and sound ports on top of my computer.

Already ordered new part from the Germany.
Lian Li PW-IN20AV65T0 - PW-IN20AV65

the USA one was which I have cancelled. Lucky i removed it in time to cancel the USA order

Lian Li PW-IN20AV50T0 - PW-IN20AV65
No idea what the difference is but best to get exact replacement if possible

The center blue seperater came out from both USB3 slots, but after 5 years of use not surprising really

not a hard job just the waiting is annoying.
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 04:50 PM

Re: computer part replacement

You will just have to be patient Bazza. We've got to wait approx 10 weeks for our three seater settee and two chairs.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 05:07 PM

Then you can give 3 chairs when they arrive, Hip Hip Horrah.

It is really annoying when items are advertised and the manufactures can't provide straight away.
The government should have a supply time limit on goods. if they can't supply in 2 weeks then the customer should be compensated.

We accept things too easily here in the UK

When we sold our second house, the English couple messed us about for weeks, so we withdrew and went with another agent.
They sent around an Asian couple next day, a Dr and a bank worker. They looked-next day parents shown the house- third day - valuation guy of theirs again asian.
Told him about the english couple messing us about and he said no problems we will exchange in the next 2 days.

WHAT!!! we said? what about searches etc. No problem i will go straight to the council and have that done by this afternoon, The racist card comes in handy he said.
Sure enough within a week seen/ bought/ exchanged. We could not believe it. The english couple came back to measure up and were shocked when the house was now sold and contracts exchanged
Turned out they were desperately trying to sell a house in kent on a steep hillside
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 06:42 PM

Seven to ten days delivery is a standard response, but frequently delivery is far quicker.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
No idea what the difference is but best to get exact replacement if possible
The old one was 500 mm

The new one is 650 mm

Suggest that is the difference in the part number?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 12:20 PM

My USB 2 and sound ports on the front of my PC went belly up some time ago. If something was plugged into the USB sockets, the fuse in the plug-top would blow. I've since installed a USB 3 PCI card with it's own 4 USB 3 sockets and a USB 3 hub for items that need to be plugged in and out to save wear on the PC's USB sockets. The sound ports are replicated on the back of the PC.

ETA: All items came from Amazon within two days.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top