Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 09:47 PM

Re: The story of Frankie

I'm glad he's found a loving home. Thank you from me for taking him in.

My wife was looking at The Animal Sanctuary, Wilmslow website and saw a picture of an eight year-old cat they are trying to re-home. No-one seems to want him, probably because of his age. In his picture he looks so fed up and hopeful that someone will take him. We both instantly felt sorry for the poor cat and would love to take him in, but for the fact that our cat is still with us (at 21 years old) and wouldn't tolerate another cat.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
It is well known that foreigners don't love their pets as much as we English do.

Our Dessie, sadly no longer with us at the previous home we had

What a sweetie!.....
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm glad he's found a loving home. Thank you from me for taking him in.

My wife was looking at The Animal Sanctuary, Wilmslow website and saw a picture of an eight year-old cat they are trying to re-home. No-one seems to want him, probably because of his age. In his picture he looks so fed up and hopeful that someone will take him. We both instantly felt sorry for the poor cat and would love to take him in, but for the fact that our cat is still with us (at 21 years old) and wouldn't tolerate another cat.
Eight is not too bad for a cat JB, so a shame nobody wants it.
Our last one got to 16..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 11:03 PM

So pleased Frankie has decided he wanted to live with you Fender, he's gorgeous
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 11:29 PM

of all the dogs we have had over nearly 50 years period, seveal at any one time, the one pet I miss the most is Dessie our cat. Oh how he was with us now
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 12:58 AM

Well, he looks very content and shiny . That's a good news story.
I don't think that other countries have the same concern for animals that we have here. Greece and others have stray dogs all over the place, scavenging wherever they go..

Lucky Frankie..
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 08:20 AM

Most countries don't .
I have sadly seen much cruelty to animals in my travels .
In many countries dogs are just chained up for life as a sort of living door bell some are locked in cages for ever.
The thought of taking them for a walk is unknown .
Others are brutalised and used for fighting .
It's very upsetting .
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

29-09-2017, 07:58 PM

I'm glad us Brits are softies with animals.
The one thing I can't abide (apart from the wife's cooking) is animal cruelty of any kind.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2017, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I'm glad us Brits are softies with animals.
The one thing I can't abide (apart from the wife's cooking) is animal cruelty of any kind.
Me too, except for my wife's cooking which is excellent!

One thing I read about far too often is fox hunting. I thought it was illegal, yet it appears to be going on far too often.

Seeing those posturing pricks in their 'pink' jackets 'bravely' chasing down a defenceless fox for it to be torn apart alive by dogs makes me about as angry as I have ever been.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

29-09-2017, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Me too, except for my wife's cooking which is excellent!

One thing I read about far too often is fox hunting. I thought it was illegal, yet it appears to be going on far too often.

Seeing those posturing pricks in their 'pink' jackets 'bravely' chasing down a defenceless fox for it to be torn apart alive by dogs makes me about as angry as I have ever been.
Same mate, they make me bloody sick tbh!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top