Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2017, 10:04 PM

Re: The story of Frankie

Originally Posted by fender ->
Thought I'd share this....

We had Bulgarian neighbours move in two years ago. After a couple of months they brought home a kitten.

Anyway, we quickly realised they did not seem to take care of him.
They went abroad every 4 months for two weeks and simply left the cat! We found he was surviving by catching birds / mice and drinking from puddles.
So, whenever they were away, we would feed him and take care of him.
He started coming in the house when they were away. When they were around, he started to spend a lot of time in our garden and trying to come in.

In July, they announced they were moving - we were gutted as we liked the cat.
So, I was blunt with them in the end. I just said, "Do you actually want this cat? - if not, we will take him in"
They immediately agreed! (proving imo they didn't really care). We agreed they'd stop feeding him and lock the cat flap.

So, they've gone and he's now ours.
I'm still suspect how he was treated. It took us days and days to get him to get on the sofa and relax / sleep etc, as if they did not let him. He was kinda scared to get on the sofa!
He's over that now though......
Bless you Fender. Frankie has found a loving home at last,
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 07:48 PM

Re: The story of Frankie

Thank you for the story and photo. You made my day...his life!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top