Join for free
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 09:01 AM

Installing software on PC

Yet another issue here (sorry!). I've downloaded Viewranger on my iphone but I'm told I can also download it on my PC -Windows 8.1. I found it in Google Play Apps, where it says "this app is compatible with your device" but when I click the information button it says "No carrier Sony SGP311"........not the HP laptop I want to download it on.
Ignoring all that..........I hit the Install button and got the message it will soon be installed on my device - which it still seems to think is a Sony SGP311 !!

Any ideas?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 11:13 AM

Re: Installing software on PC

Suggest that you log into the on line help desk.

There is a link on the Google Play Download page.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Suspect that you are downloading the wrong version.

Looks like you should download from the Apple Apps store instead of Google Play.
Microsoft Store I think you will find.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 11:21 AM

The Sony SPG311 is a tablet.

The fact that it is mentioned instead of the HP Desktop, which you have, suggests that you may have downloaded the wrong version.

Note that your HP is not an android.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 12:36 PM

http://www.viewranger.com/en-GB

ViewRanger is your digital guide to the outdoors, with hundreds of thousands of downloadable route guides, free worldwide maps, and powerful GPS navigation features. Our mobile app runs on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Kindle Fire, and Android smartphones, tablets, and watches.
No mention of PC.

I use AlpineQuest, which is similar to ViewRanger and is only available for Android powered devices (including mobiles, laptops and tablets).

With many map/route apps, it is possible to download the gathered information (route/photos) to a PC, to be read/processed by a different app.

So, for example, I can transfer my AlpineQuest routes from my phone to Google Earth on my PC.

ETA

Visit this site for further assistance.

http://my.viewranger.com/

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Viewranger.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	4063  
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 02:13 PM

Thanks to everyone for taking time to respond. I think Omah's reply wins the bonus ball today as I went onto his link - forgot my password (of course), but somehow it knows I bought a map and it knows I've got the app on my iphone!!! All I need now is for it to find me when I get lost!!!
Thanks again.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top