Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 07:27 PM

music Cds found

I have been having a little clear up in my office and come across CD's I forgot about. So it is a case of ripping them onto the computer.
Done via Windows Media Player if anyone wants to do the same. Put CD in drive and rip will be along top listing in WMP
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 07:45 PM

Re: music Cds found

I'm sure loads of people do it and say or think nothing of it but for information, just in case you don't already know:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...in-the-UK.html
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 08:00 PM

the" Performing Rights Society" oked it as long as it is for private use . They contacted us when we had the kennels about 5 years ago.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 08:08 PM

As I understand it, it's called 'format changing'. Have a look into it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

27-09-2017, 08:15 PM

bit like ones says one can and the other says you can't.

This happens with electrical work
Health and safety says it is ok to carry our electrical work in a home providing the right test equipment is used by a competent person

Institute of Electrical Engineers (IEE) regs states only a qualified engineer is allow to work on anything electrical

Same with PAT testing , one says must be done by a qualified person, Other sources say iF you have approved equipment you can do it yourself

So it all depends on who you list to

I had a big bustup With drivers delivering a cooker from Curry's
They took the old one away which i had disconnected and refused to deliver the new one unless a qualified electrician was on site to reconnect.

What a load of "B**ll*cks" Not only had I done 5 year apprenticeship but also qualified to install most switchboards with hundreds of wires.

Until I said I was getting the police for theft and stood in front of their lorry did they give in and left the new cooker with me
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

27-09-2017, 08:21 PM

Sorry I got the phrase wrong. It's called 'format shifting'. An article I read about it said that prosecutions are rare. Probably still best to be aware though.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

27-09-2017, 08:24 PM

Mart I do get what you are saying, but it is also illegal to Jwalk across a road.
Too many do it to be prosecuted, the courts could not cope

If we all obeyed every law passed in the UK no doubt somewhere it would be illegal to stay in bed for more that 5 hours or fart in public, both of which I enjoy
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 03:47 AM

Personally I prefer to rip my CDs to Mp3 format I use a free app called Cdex but there are plenty of others.

Get Cdex here

Another app which is really useful with these tracks is Mp3Tag which enables you to edit the track, Album, Artist Track etc information stored in the MP3, this is often where your Mp3 Player, TV or whatever gets its information from but there have been several standards over the years so if it doesn't work properly on your player this program can correct it.

Get MP3TAG here

It takes a bit to get the hang of this program but worth persevering with.

These apps are legitimately 'free' and legal.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top