Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 10:57 AM

intenet helping me

Somehow or other On my backup hard drive where I keep all of my pictures,( I do have another backup drive disconnected for same thing,) All my picture file icons reverted to just a file list.
What a game getting them back, not lost just altered.
I just could not find a way for getting back what to what I was used to seeing .

So in the end it was seeking help on the internet and it seems not an uncommon problem or versions of the same problem.

Eventually got them back thank goodness to this internet for solutions
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 08:31 PM

Re: intenet helping me

Was it a 'View' setting that needed altering?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 12:38 AM

Re: intenet helping me

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Somehow or other On my backup hard drive where I keep all of my pictures,( I do have another backup drive disconnected for same thing,) All my picture file icons reverted to just a file list.
What a game getting them back, not lost just altered.
I just could not find a way for getting back what to what I was used to seeing .

So in the end it was seeking help on the internet and it seems not an uncommon problem or versions of the same problem.

Eventually got them back thank goodness to this internet for solutions
From memory Windows Explorer stores the "view" and other details about a folder in the registry but I think there is a limit to how many it can store so if you haven't used a folder for a long time and view a lot of folders in the meantime then its settings might get forgotten.

Once you (re)set them to the way you like it they will be remembered again.

Whether this was fixed in Win10 I don't know.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ashampoo_Snap_2017.10.02_10h38m02s_001_.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	4098  

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top