Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 08:57 PM

Re: Branson-Brexit="worst thing that's happened to Britain in my lifetime".

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Not at all Fender and "suck it up" is a very worn out & irrelevant term now that we are facing a very real economic mess.

It's not "undemocratic" to criticise a poor decision for the future of the country. It's very much what democracy is about.

It's only a mess due to spineless "leaders".
I for one am not happy about being governed by unelected eurocrats telling us what to do.

It started out as a means of easy trading between countries, but has stealthily morphed into an all controlling superstate affair.

I mean, what has "telling" us we can only have 900w vacuum cleaners to do with trade?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It seems you don't realise what being a member of a third rate economy means for ordinary Brits trying to make ends meet. Or perhaps you simply don't care about how much they will struggle. Otherwise you wouldn't be so quick to embrace the destruction of our way of life. Because that's what being a third rate economy will do.
You're right, Anne. If, in fact, the sky does fall down I might change my opinion!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
And, of course, anti-democratic fifth columnists doing all they can to make Brexit as difficult and self-defeating as possible.

If it were not for them, Brexit could have been handled much more smoothly and to our ultimate benefit.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
And, of course, anti-democratic fifth columnists doing all they can to make Brexit as difficult and self-defeating as possible.

If it were not for them, Brexit could have been handled much more smoothly and to our ultimate benefit.
I'm with you JB.
I don't post on this matter too often, as you've normally said that which I would, so I'd just be repeating...

What's happened to patriotism these days eh?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-10-2017, 09:48 PM

I'm with you JB.
I don't post on this matter too often, as you've normally said that which I would, so I'd just be repeating...

What's happened to patriotism these days eh?
That's exactly how I see the remainers, remoaners and remainiacs (I maintain that these are definitions of three different types of people!) - people who are not patriots.

If they are not true patriots, why are they not applying for citizenship of an EU country?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 11:34 PM

Hi

From my point of view, the object of the exercise is to leave as soon as possible at the minimum possible cost.

I do not believe that our Politicians are making a good job of this.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-10-2017, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

From my point of view, the object of the exercise is to leave as soon as possible at the minimum possible cost.

I do not believe that our Politicians are making a good job of this.
That's because many of them (including TM) are remainers.

They should admit defeat and ask JRM to take over the business.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 12:00 AM

That's because many of them (including TM) are remainers.

They should admit defeat and ask JRM to take over the business.
Hi

That is not a logic I can agree with.

Brexit is being lead by Leavers, Davis, Fox and Boris.

Not one of them has done a decent job so far in organising a Hard Brexit.

There are 130,000 businesses in the UK who will be paying EU Tariffs for the first time and having to the paperwork for each shipment.

Each one will have to register with HMRC and have a unique number.

I have spent several hours trying to locate the codes for two small local businesses who export to the EU.

It is a nightmare.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 12:01 AM

I for one am not happy about being governed by unelected eurocrats telling us what to do.
So spineless leaders are better than unelected eurocrats? Because that's how it seems. I'd say that the spineless leaders are the reason we have not had proper EU reform. They haven't bothered to take control. It should have been taking control of the EU not our country.

Our leaders haven't been able to take control of our country in the past because basically they can't be bothered to. All they care about are their own personal agendas. What makes anyone think that will change now?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 12:07 AM

That's exactly how I see the remainers, remoaners and remainiacs (I maintain that these are definitions of three different types of people!) - people who are not patriots.

If they are not true patriots, why are they not applying for citizenship of an EU country?
Really? I'd counter that by saying it's leave voters who are not patriots because the outcome of this vote is already ruining everything good about this country.

Anyone who truly cares about Britain would not want it to turn into a third rate, dead-duck pariah.

Anyone who doesn't care if that happens because of a tunnel vision tickbock exercise about what Brexit must be is not a true patriot.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top